Over 80 current and former Reds players, coaches & broadcasters scheduled to appear
FOX Sports Ohio Redsfest presented by PNC Bank at The Duke Energy Convention Center
• Friday, Dec. 5 from 3 to 10:30 p.m.
• Saturday, Dec. 6 from 11 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
The first 11,000 fans through the Redsfest doors each day will receive a free Reds drawstring bag and a commemorative 2015 MLB® ALL-STAR GAME® ornament.
Redsfest has grown to more than 300,000 square feet of activities including autograph and photo booths with current and former Reds players, interactive games for fans of all ages, game-used and authentic memorabilia and much more.
Tickets are available at reds.com, by phone at (513) 381-REDS, at the Great American Ball Park box office and at select Kroger stores with Ticketmaster retail outlets. Tickets will also be available at Redsfest on Friday at 9 a.m. and Saturday at 7 a.m.
• 2-day tickets are $25 for adults; $12 for kids (12 and younger)
• 1-day tickets are $17 for adults; $7 for kids
• Children three and under are admitted free
With each two-day Redsfest admission purchased, fans will receive two free tickets to the Reds vs. St. Louis Cardinals game on Sunday, April 12. Fans purchasing a one-day Redsfest admission will receive one free ticket to the April 12 game.
Current and Former Players at Redsfest
• Over 80 current players and coaches, minor leaguers and broadcasters are expected to attend including Brandon Phillips, Joey Votto, Johnny Cueto, Jay Bruce, Aroldis Chapman, Todd Frazier and Billy Hamilton. Many Reds Hall of Famers and alumni are expected including Ron Oester, Tom Browning, Eric Davis and Mario Soto. The updated list of scheduled attendees is available at reds.com/redsfest.
Autograph and Photo Sessions
• Over 100 player autograph sessions and player photograph sessions are free of charge with a Redsfest general admission ticket. There are three types of autograph sessions at Redsfest: General Public, Season Ticket Holders Only and Kids Only. Specific times for player appearances will be announced 30 minutes prior to the autograph and photo sessions on the info screens on the Redsfest floor and on the Reds official Twitter account @Reds. Fans can also receive these via text alerts by texting REDSFEST to 66128.
2015 Reds tickets available for purchase at Redsfest include:
• ALL-STAR GAME® Tickets: Want tickets to the 2015 MLB® ALL-STAR GAME® at Great American Ball Park? Guarantee your chance to buy ALL-STAR GAME® tickets by purchasing Reds half-season ticket plans and above starting at under $9 per seat.
• “Nasty Boys” Pick-6 Plan: Guarantee the new “Nasty Boys” triple bobblehead featuring 1990 relief pitchers Norm Charlton, Rob Dibble and Randy Myers when you buy the Nasty Boys Pick-6 plan, presented by McDonald’s. This six-game ticket plan includes the Sat., April 25 Reds vs. Cubs game (Nasty Boys bobblehead night), six free McDonald’s Extra Value Meals® and five additional regular season home games of your choice, exclusions apply. Save up to 28% with this first ever commemorative triple bobblehead.
• April Pass: For just $70, the Reds April Pass gets you Upper View Level tickets to 11 home games in April, including Opening Night, two bobblehead games, two Fireworks Fridays and more. (not including Opening Day)
• Opening Homestand: Fans can purchase single game tickets to the Opening Homestand games against the Pirates & Cardinals April 8-12.
Main Stage Highlights
• 5:30 p.m. – Introduction of the Reds Players Past and Present
• 6:30 p.m. – Kids Only Press Conference, presented by Kroger
• 7:10 p.m. – Hot Stove Report, presented by FOX Sports Ohio
• 8:00 p.m. – 2014 Team Awards
• 8:35 p.m. – Redsfest Cooking Show presented by DNC Sportservice
• 9:10 p.m. – Reds Family Feud presented by Ohio Air National Guard
• 11:30 a.m. – Hot Stove Report presented by FOX Sports Ohio
• 12:30 p.m. – Redsfest Cooking Show presented by DNC Sportservice
• 1:20 p.m. – Kids-only Press Conference, presented by Kroger
• 2:05 p.m. – Harlem Globetrotters
• 3:00 p.m. – Reds Family Feud presented by Ohio Air National Guard
• 4:00 p.m. – Reds Alumni “Bull Session” presented by Majestic
• 5:00 p.m. – Baseball IQ presented by New Era
Fun for Kids
• The Reds Heads Fun Zone presented by Cincinnati Children’s Hospital on the third floor includes more than 20,000 square feet of activities for kids including bounce houses, trampolines, arcade games, photos with Santa Claus and more.
• Reds mascots Gapper, Mr. Redlegs, Rosie Red and Mr. Red will have designated rooms on the second floor where kids can come throughout Redsfest to have a photo taken with their favorite mascot. Each room will have a unique theme that will make for a great photo opportunity.
• Reds Heads Kids Club & Reds Rookies: Memberships to Reds Rookies, the official baby fan club of the Reds, and Reds Heads Kids Club, the official kids club of the Reds, will be on sale at Redsfest at the Reds Heads booths located on the main floor and the third floor. For both clubs, fans can take advantage of a limited time offer during December only starting at Redsfest.
Reds Connect Zone & Social Media at #Redsfest
• The main floor of Redsfest includes the Reds Connect Zone, a social media area featuring an exclusive free WiFi hotspot and phone charging stations. Reds players and bloggers will make appearances at the Connect Zone throughout the event, and fans can watch live broadcasts from Reds on Radio network affiliates.
Win a trip to Spring Training in Goodyear
• Visit the Goodyear Ballpark Spring Training booth at Redsfest and register for the “Get to Goodyear Spring Training Getaway Sweepstakes” from the City of Goodyear. One lucky fan will win a four day/three night trip that includes airfare for four people to Phoenix, hotel accommodations, car rental and tickets to a Reds Spring Training game at Goodyear Ballpark. Approximate value: $3,500. Postcard entries also accepted. Details and rules available at reds.com/spring.
Reds Merchandise & Memorabilia
• Don’t forget to stop by the Majestic Reds merchandise booth for all the newest official Reds apparel and official MLB® ALL-STAR GAME® apparel. Fans can purchase authenticated, game used and autographed memorabilia from all of your favorite current Reds players straight from the clubhouse. From baseball cards and photos to hard-to-find collectibles, there’s a piece of memorabilia for every Reds fan.
Redsfest Poker Tournament
• The ninth annual Prestige Audio Visual & Creative Services Reds Community Fund Celebrity Poker Tournament presented by Ashlee Fence is Saturday at 3 p.m. The winner takes home a guaranteed $11,000 grand prize.
All proceeds from Redsfest benefit the baseball-themed outreach programs of the Reds Community Fund.
We had another great turnout last night at the Holy Grail Banks for the Reds Hot Stove League radio show and Better Off Red Baseball Trivia !
Mo Egger and Doug Flynn were joined on the phone by Jeff Brantley and Todd Frazier for the Hot Stove show, which you can stream HERE. Doug stuck around after the show to play trivia for the “Bombers” team. At one point we had a total of nine teams – not bad…hopefully more next week!
As always, the fine folks at the Holy Grail Banks took great care of us and provided a great atmosphere for Reds fans to enjoy the evening. Another a successful night! A big thanks to everyone who came by!
I hope YOU join us for all of the fun next week!
If you’re interested in seeing last night’s trivia script, including the brain-bending questions that were asked click here —> November 25
Here are last night’s results…
- The Gurus – 169 points
- The Bombers – 128 points
- Redleg Ryans – 104 points
- Catcha Ya Later – 84 points
- OU Bobcats – 64 points
- In Seat-a-Squad – 25 points
- Natty B’z – <Forfeit>
- The GaGas – <Forfeit>
- The Lettermen – <Forfeit>
Join us tonight for the Reds Hot Stove League radio show and Better Off Red baseball trivia, live at the Holy Grail Banks, beginning at 6pm!
Mo Egger is tonight’s Hot Stove show host and he’ll be joined on the phone, first by “The Cowboy” Jeff Brantley, followed by Reds All-Star third baseman Todd Frazier.
Immediately after the Hot Stove show, stick around for another edition of Better Off Red baseball trivia, hosted by yours truly. Former National League Gold Glove second baseman and the self-proclaimed “Glue of the Big Red Machine” Doug Flynn will be in attendance to participate in tonight’s trivia contest as a “celebrity contestant.” He also has agreed to give out free hugs.
There’s no better way to get your baseball fix than by spending your evening at the Holy Grail Banks for the Reds Hot Stove League radio show and Better Off Red baseball trivia!
See ya tonight at 6!
(Trivia clue: Tonight’s theme is the year 2000.)
Tuesday, November 25, 2014
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
REDS ADD TOWERS, SCHUGEL AS SPECIAL ASSISTANTS TO GM
Announce Promotions In Baseball Operations Department
CINCINNATI – Cincinnati Reds President of Baseball Operations and General Manager Walt Jocketty today announcing the hirings of longtime baseball executive Kevin Towers as Special Assistant/Player Personnel and veteran scout Jeff Schugel as Special Assistant/Pro Scout.
Towers, 53, spent the last 4 years as Executive Vice President and General Manager at Arizona and led the Diamondbacks to the National League West Division championship in 2011.
Towers has 18 years’ experience as a Major League general manager. He spent 14 of those seasons as the GM for the San Diego Padres from 1996-2009. During that period, the Padres won NL West Division championships in 1996, 1998, 2005 and 2006 and advanced to the World Series in 1998. Towers’ 2007 club fell just shy of advancing to the Postseason for the third straight year after losing a tie-breaker game to the Colorado Rockies.
Schugel, 53, spent last season, his 31st in professional baseball, as Special Assistant to Atlanta Braves Executive Vice President and General Manager Frank Wren.
Before joining the Braves in 2014, Schugel spent 9 seasons with the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim as a Major League scout and then special assignment scout. He also worked in various scouting capacities for the Minnesota Twins (1987-91), Colorado Rockies (1993-2000) and Los Angeles Dodgers (2000-04).
In other front office news, Vice President of Baseball Operations Dick Williams was named Vice President, Assistant General Manager; Director of Baseball Operations Nick Krall was named Senior Director of Baseball Operations; Director of Baseball Research and Analysis Sam Grossman was named Senior Director of Baseball Analytics; Eric Lee was named Manager of Baseball Operations; and Bo Thompson was named Baseball Operations Analyst.
In the international scouting department, Director of Latin American Scouting Tony Arias was named Director, International Scouting; Assistant Director of Latin American Scouting Miguel Machado was named Assistant Director, International Scouting; Coordinator of Global Scouting Jim Stoeckel was named Director, Global Scouting; International Scout and Dominican Republic Scouting Coordinator Richard Jimenez was named Director, Latin American Scouting; and Dominican Republic scout Emmanuel Cartagena was named Scouting Coordinator, Dominican Republic.
From my colleague, Michael “Mando” Anderson…
Half-price admission to Reds HOF with canned food donation
CINCINNATI (Oct. 25, 2014) — The Cincinnati Reds Hall of Fame & Museum is offering half priced admission with a canned food item to benefit the Freestore Foodbank.
Now through December 15, fans bringing a canned good or non-perishable food item will get 50% off museum admission.
All canned goods and non-perishable items will be donated to the Freestore Foodbank.
The most needed items include: peanut butter, canned fruits and vegetables, cereals, tuna, canned chicken and soups.
The Reds Hall of Fame & Museum is located at Great American Ball Park and open 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Tuesday – Sunday during the offseason and seven days a week during the season. (Closed on Thanksgiving)
Plan your visit at redsmuseum.org or by calling (513) 765-7923.
About the Reds Hall of Fame & Museum:
Driven by a mission to celebrate greatness, preserve history and provide inspiration, the Reds Hall of Fame & Museum is the place where the story of Reds baseball comes alive each day. Established in 1958, the Reds Hall of Fame is the oldest continually operating team Hall of Fame in all of baseball. Since its inception, 84 players, managers and executives have been honored with induction. The museum features 15,000 square feet of historical, interactive and educational exhibits, highlighting the rich and storied tradition of the Reds for fans of all ages.
It’s now time to reveal the final week’s winners. Envelopes, please…
Our first category is Best Nickname. Of the 545 total votes, the winner collected 28% and edged out the runner-up by just 10 votes! The winner is…
“The Cuban Missile” Aroldis Chapman is now the back-to-back champion in this category. Congrats!
Second place: “The Toddfather” (143 votes, 26%)
Up next is Favorite Food at GABP. Twenty-seven categories netted a total of 503 votes. The winner with 12% of the vote is…
Second place: Hot Dog (9%)
On to the Best Special Event of 2014. There were 18 nominees for this category totaling 413 votes. The winner with 25% is…
Second place: Fireworks Fridays (17%)
Here’s another one of my personal favorite categories – Your Vote for 2015 Bobblehead. We had all kinds of random nominees for this one, but the winner was an in-house regular…
Devin Mesoraco caps off a strong showing in this year’s Burt Awards. The Reds starting catcher finishes with 4 Burts! Congrats, Devin!
Second place: Jeff Brantley Eating Ice Cream and Chicken Wings (15%)
Our final category of the 2014 Burt Awards is Player with the Best Music. After Joey gave up on “Paint it Black,” there was only one clear-cut winner and you folks nailed it…
Todd Frazier now has a firm grip on this category, as he’s won in consecutive years. Will he stick with Sinatra in 2015? We shall see.
Second place: Joey Votto/Brandon Phillips (14% each, 63 votes)
Well, that concludes the 2014 Burt Awards! I hope you had as much fun with this as I did! Can you believe this was The Burts’ fourth year?! Me neither.
Here’s hoping the 2015 Burt Awards include “Best Postseason Celebration.”
Before we sign off, I must thank all of you who voted on the polls and participated in the discussion/fun. You folks are the reason we do this. Thank you!
And congratulations to all of the prize winners, including, @TerkelTilden, an active participant in the Burt Awards discussion. For his efforts, Luke has been randomly selected as the final winner and will receive a cool prize pack from BOR HQ.
Tune in next year for the Fifth Annual Burt Awards!
Expect Good News,
CINCINNATI (Nov. 21, 2014) — Looking for the best holiday gifts for your favorite Reds fan? Check out our annual top 10 gift picks for the 2014 holiday season.
1. “Nasty Boys” Pick-6 Plan: Guarantee the new “Nasty Boys” triple bobblehead featuring 1990 relief pitchers Norm Charlton, Rob Dibble and Randy Myers when you buy the Nasty Boys Pick-6 plan, presented by McDonald’s. This six-game ticket plan includes the Sat., April 25 Reds vs. Cubs game (Nasty Boys bobblehead night), six free McDonald’s Extra Value Meals® and pick five additional regular season home games of your choice, exclusions apply. The Nasty Boys Pick-6 plan will go on sale Monday, Dec.1st: http://www.reds.com/pick6 or (513) 765-7500.
2. Reds Heads Kids Club Membership: The Reds Heads Kids Club is the official fan club for Reds fans ages 3-12. The new 2015 kit includes a Reds Heads backpack with detachable lunch box, exclusive 2015 MLB® ALL-STAR GAME® merchandise, 2 free Reds game tickets plus members-only ballpark experiences like player autograph sessions. For a limited time during the month of December, membership is only $25 and can be purchased beginning Dec. 5 & 6 at Redsfest. More information at http://www.reds.com/kidsclub.
3. ALL-STAR GAME® Tickets: Want tickets to the 2015 MLB® ALL-STAR GAME® at Great American Ball Park? Guarantee your chance to buy ALL-STAR GAME® tickets by purchasing Reds half-season ticket plans and above. Plan pricing begins under $9 per seat: http://www.reds.com/2015 or call (513) 765-7500.
4. Reds Rookies Baby Fan Club Membership: Reds Rookies, the official baby club of the Reds, is drafting members up to three years old. As a Reds Rookies member, babies receive an exclusive Reds baby baseball cap, Reds Rookie bib plus vouchers for a free Reds ticket including marching on the field in a pregame parade! Reds Rookies membership kits can be purchased for $14 beginning Dec. 5 & 6 at Redsfest, at Great American Ball Park and online at http://www.reds.com/rookies.
5. Major League Clubhouse Tours: The Reds HOF & Museum’s Major League Clubhouse tours are the ultimate holiday gift! The two-hour VIP tour includes all the stops on the Scott’s® Ballpark Tour Experience as well as the home and visitors clubhouses, broadcast booths, press box, dugouts and more. Tours are available Saturday afternoons at 12:30 and 2:30 p.m. only, through March 21: Adult tickets are $34 with discounts for seniors, children and military members: http://www.redsmuseum.org or (513) 765-7923.
6. April Pass: For just $70, the Reds April Pass gets you Upper View Level tickets to 11 home games in April, including Opening Night, two bobblehead games, two Fireworks Fridays and more. Excludes Opening Day. On sale beginning Dec. 5 at Redsfest and http://www.reds.com/tickets.
7. Reds Hall of Fame & Museum Membership: An annual membership to the Reds Hall of Fame & Museum gives fans free museum admission, Redsfest passes, batting cage passes, exclusive access to special events, collectible gifts and more: http://www.redsmuseum.org or (513) 765-7923.
8. Reds Winter Gear: The Reds Team Shop by Majestic at Great American Ball Park is open year-round and has the best selection of Reds cold weather gear including jackets, hoodies and many different styles of fun knit hats. The Team Shop is open Monday – Saturday 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
9. Reds Authentics: Game-used, one-of-a-kind, autographed and authenticated baseballs, bats, helmets and jerseys from the 2014 season make great holiday gifts. Items can be purchased at http://www.reds.com/authentics or by calling (513) 765-7097.
10. Family Catch: Families of all ages can play catch on the field at Great American Ball Park after the Reds vs. Marlins game on Sunday, June 21. The Family Catch packages start at $150 and include two game tickets and two post-game field passes. This annual fundraiser for the Reds Community Fund is a perfect gift for any Reds fan. Purchase tickets at (513) 765-7240.
Spring training games start March 3 at Goodyear Ballpark
CINCINNATI (Nov. 20, 2014) — The Cincinnati Reds have announced their 2015 Cactus League exhibition schedule.
The Reds open 2015 spring training with three games against Ohio rival Cleveland Indians on March 3-5 at Goodyear Ballpark in Goodyear, Arizona.
The Reds will play 33 exhibition games during spring training including 19 at Goodyear Ballpark.
The home schedule features the World Series Champion San Francisco Giants on March 16, the American League Champion Kansas City Royals on March 11, Chicago Cubs on March 28 and night games against the Texas Rangers on March 25 and Milwaukee Brewers on March 27.
The Reds will wrap up the 2015 Cactus League schedule on April 2 vs. the Indians then travel to Montreal, Canada and play two games against the Toronto Blue Jays on April 3 and 4 at Olympic Stadium.
The Reds return to Cincinnati for Opening Day on April 6 to host the Pittsburgh Pirates at Great American Ball Park.
Spring Training Ticket Information
Deposits are currently being accepted for 2015 Spring Training season ticket plans. Full season (all Reds and Indians home games) and half season (all Reds home games) ticket plans are available.
Three-game mini-plans and group tickets go on sale Dec. 1 at 10 a.m. Mountain Standard Time (MST). With mini-plans, fans are able to combine Reds and Indians home games to make up the perfect spring training getaway.
Individual game tickets go on sale Dec. 6 at 10 a.m. MST.
Complete ticket details can be found at reds.com/spring or by calling the Goodyear Ballpark Ticket Office at (623) 882-3130.
Flex Pack – new for 2015
Expand your game choices with the new Flex Pack ticket option. With the Flex Pack you can purchase booklets of either 10 Infield Box or Outfield Box discount ticket vouchers. Redeem vouchers at the Goodyear Ballpark Box Office for any spring training home game and save $2 per ticket.
FanFest, Fireworks & Inside the Ropes Tours
Catch the 2nd annual Goodyear Ballpark FanFest following the Reds vs. Indians game on March 17. Activities include player autograph sessions, inflatables, baseball skills challenges and dinner. For ticket information contact the Goodyear Ballpark Ticket Office at (623) 882-3130.
Don’t miss the Fireworks Spectacular following the Reds-Brewers game on Friday, March 27.
Sports Marketing USA offers “Inside the Ropes” tour packages that include a pregame tour of the Reds Player Development Complex and a visit with a Reds baseball personality. More information at reds.com/springtravel or (800) 892-7687.
Note: Arizona’s time zone is the Mountain Standard Time (MST) zone, which is currently two hours behind Cincinnati. Arizona does not observe Daylight Saving Time and after March 7, 2015 Arizona will be three hours behind Cincinnati.
It was a jam-packed house last night at the Holy Grail Banks for another week of the Reds Hot Stove League radio show and Better Off Red Baseball trivia!
Those in attendance last night included “Mr. Perfect” Tom Browning, Reds minor league pitcher Joel Bender, Reds broadcaster Jim Kelch, @Bongreatness, Rosie Red and the Rosie Reds, the “Voice of the Reds” Joe Zerhusen, Fox Sports Ohio stats guru Joel Luckhaupt and members of Reds Fantasy Camp.
As always, the fine folks at the Holy Grail Banks took great care of us and provided a nice warm shelter on a very frigid evening. We even helped raise some money for a good cause. Overall it was a successful night! I hope YOU join us for all of the fun next week!
If you’re interested in seeing last night’s trivia script, including the brain-bending questions that were asked click here —> November 18
Here are last night’s results…
1. The Smiths – 168 points
2. OU Bobcats – 88 points
3. @RedsHulk – 33 points
T4. Catch Ya Later, Fear the Triangle, The Gurus – 0 points each (all wagered everything on the last question)
When it’s this cold outside, there’s only one sure-fire way to warm up, and that’s with the Reds Hot Stove League show at the Holy Grail Banks! Tonight’s show goes live at 6pm with this week’s guest Mr. Perfect Tom Browning!
So get out of the cold and into the warm embrace of the Cincinnati Reds as we put another log in the hot stove.
After the show, stick around for this week’s edition of Better Off Red trivia hosted by yours truly. I’ll have some brand new BOR t-shirts to give away!
A good time will be had by all, I promise.
See ya tonight!