To replace Stephenson on the roster, the Reds have selected from Louisville the contract of 1B Brandon Allen (#51).
— Cincinnati Reds (@Reds) April 8, 2016
From my pal @Bongreatness...
Tonight is the first Fireworks Friday of the 2016 season, presented by T-Mobile. The postgame fireworks show, featuring Rozzi’s Famous Fireworks set to an “Ohio Connections” soundtrack, will begin approximately 10 minutes after the conclusion of tonight’s game.
The first 20,000 fans in attendance tonight will receive a Reds Magnetic Schedule with detachable car magnet, courtesy of PNC Bank.
Tonight is Northern Kentucky University Night at Great American Ball Park. During pregame ceremonies we will welcome the NKU Norse men’s basketball team, who after a 4-year transition to NCCA Division I, will be eligible to compete for NCAA championship events during the 2016-17 season as a member of the Horizon League.
From my pal @Bongreatness…
Tonight we celebrate Opening Night at Great American Ball Park. The first 20,000 fans in attendance will receive at 2016 Reds Calendar, courtesy of Kroger.
Ballpark gates are scheduled to open at 5:00PM for Season Ticket Members and 5:10PM for the general public. The early gate opening times are in anticipation of the 7th annual “Reds Carpet Parade” through the Fan Zone. The parade will feature the 2016 Cincinnati Reds team and coaching staff (*with some exclusions, most notably tonight’s starting pitcher, Brandon Finnegan), along with our mascots, and several celebrities attending tonight’s game and participating in pregame ceremonies. The parade is scheduled to begin at 5:30PM and conclude at approximately 6:15PM.
**Please note that we have tented the players parade route in an effort to hold this event rain or shine. However, if there is dangerous weather in the area at the time of the parade (severe thunderstorms or dangerous winds), we may have to reschedule to a later date this season with the safety of our players and fans in mind.
The following pregame ceremonies are scheduled to take place tonight:
• Introductions of both teams prior to the singing of our National Anthem. Reserves/coaching staff/support staff will come out as a group, while the Managers & starting lineups for each team are introduced individually.
• During the Anthem, a giant American flag will be unfurled in the outfield by Season Ticket Members.
• Tonight’s National Anthem will be sung by Lebanon, Ohio native and 2015 American Idol contestant Jess Lamb, accompanied by bandmate Kasey Williams.
• The Thomas More College women’s basketball team will receive a “Reds Country Athletic Achievement Award”. The award was created to recognize individual and team state championships, as well as national championships, won throughout Reds Country. Thomas More won their second straight Division III National Championship on Monday in Indianapolis.
• Tonight’s final ceremonial first pitch will be offered up by Thomas More College Head Coach Jeff Hans.
• Handling the Game Ball Delivery duties tonight will be Miss Ohio Teen USA 2016 Olivia Turk & Miss Ohio USA 2016 Megan Wise.
Tonight’s postgame fireworks show, featuring Rozzi’s Famous Fireworks, is scheduled to begin approximately 10 minutes after the conclusion of the game. The postgame Opening Night Fireworks show will be accompanied by a LIVE music soundtrack provided by The Rusty Griswolds. The Rustys will perform during the game and immediately following the game from the stage on the rightfield porch.
Tonight our Reds ground crew & members of the FOX Sports Ohio broadcast team will be wearing Opening Night tuxedos provided by Folchi’s Formalwear.
Tonight’s game is being broadcast nationally on ESPN2, which will co-exist in our local market with the FOX Sports Ohio telecast.
RHP Homer Bailey disabled, retroactive to 3/25, and RHP Robert Stephenson (#55) recalled from Class AAA Louisville.
— Cincinnati Reds (@Reds) April 4, 2016
From my pal @Bongreatness…
Today the Reds will open the season at home for the 140th time in team history.
The 97th Findlay Market Opening Day Parade is scheduled to kick off at 12PM today. The Grand Marshal of this year’s parade is the Manager of the 1990 World Series champions, Lou Piniella. Reds mascots and the Scotts Reds Rally Pack will be joined by pitchers Brandon Finnegan & Alfredo Simon as participants in this year’s parade. With 175 entries, the parade is expected to finish up at approximately 2PM.
From 11AM-3:30PM today the Reds Community Fund is hosting the 5th Annual Opening Day Block Party on the streets of The Banks. Proceeds from the Block Party will benefit the P&G MLB Urban Youth Academy.
LIVE coverage of Opening Day in Cincinnati begins on FOX Sports Ohio today at 10AM. FSO will have multiple broadcast locations around the city including inside GABP, at the RCF Block Party & throughout the Opening Day Parade.
All gates to Great American Ball Park will open at 2:10PM today. However, gate opening times may be adjusted in accordance with Cincinnati Fire Code should the crowd size outside the gates dictate it so. Weather permitting, the Reds are scheduled to take on-field batting practice from 1:25-2:15PM, following by the Phillies from 2:20-3:10PM.
Traditional Opening Day pregame ceremonies are scheduled to begin at 3:28PM and will include:
• A Military Appreciation Ceremony honoring several veterans and active duty service members. Congressman Dr. Brad Wenstrup will join us in honoring these Heroes.
• The Rosie Reds will make their traditional presentation of Opening Day Plaques to Managers Pete Mackanin & Bryan Price.
• Representatives from the Findlay Market will join us to make their traditional presentation of a Findlay Market merchants basket to Reds Manager Bryan Price.
• A giant 300’x150’ American flag will be unfurled during the singing of our National Anthem by members of the Cincinnati Firefighters Union Local 48.
• We will introduce the rosters of both teams prior to the singing of our National Anthem.
• We will have a Moment of Remembrance prior to the Anthem to honor the lives of Jeff Barton, Charles “Whip” Davis, Eddie Milner, Jim O’Toole & Bernie Stowe as well as other members of the Reds family who passed away this offseason.
• Honor Guards from the United States Coast Guard, Army, Air Force, Marines Corps & Navy will present colors in our traditional “Parade of Colors”.
• 20-year old Denver, KY native Marlana VanHoose will lead us in the singing of our National Anthem.
• An E-2C Hawkeye and an E-2D Hawkeye, both part of the VAW-120 “Greyhawks” Squadron, located at the US Naval Station Norfolk in Norfolk, Virginia, will perform a pregame flyover.
• Manager of the 1990 Wire-to-Wire World Champions Reds and current Special Consultant to Baseball Operations Lou Piniella will offer up today’s ceremonial first pitch. Catching the pitch will be 1990 World Series Champion and current Reds third base coach Billy Hatcher.
• Former Reds outfielder Greg Vaughn, who finished 4th in the National League MVP voting his only season with the Reds (’99), will serve as today’s Honorary Captain.
Leading us in the singing of God Bless America today during the middle of the 7th inning break will be the talented local singing group, The Mistics. Following the singing of God Bless America we will introduce the crew from today’s pregame flyover.