Another record turnout for Better Off Red Baseball Trivia Tuesday night at the Holy Grail Banks! Thanks to everyone who came out and participated!
We had a couple of themes last night, one was “Hall of Fame” and the other was “Field of Dreams.” If you’d like to see last night’s script/questions click here –> January6
Here’s last nights leaderboard…
1. The Guru – 126 pts.
2. Sons of Pitches – 86 pts.
3. Team Spro – 74 pts.
4. The 3rd Platoon – 73 pts.
5. The AL Kids – 44 pts.
6. G over L – 40 pts.
7. In-Seat “B” Squad – 33 pts.
8. Marty “Not” Brennaman – 8pts.
9. Ramon Santiago Fan Club – 7pts.
10. OU Bobcats – 6pts.
T11. Catch Ya Later, Little Red Machine, Team Xavier – 0 pts.
We’d love to see you next Tuesday for another round of BOR Baseball Trivia at the Holy Grail Banks!
CINCINNATI (Jan. 6, 2015) — The 2015 Cincinnati Reds Caravan kicks off Thursday, Jan. 22 from the Reds Hall of Fame & Museum and will travel 3,300 miles over four days visiting five states before culminating Sunday, Jan. 25 at Great American Ball Park for the annual Select-A-Seat event. The Caravan is presented by the Cincinnati USA Regional Tourism Network.
The four Caravan tours travel through Ohio, Indiana, Kentucky, West Virginia and Tennessee providing fans with the opportunity to interact with current and former players, top minor leaguers, broadcasters and members of the Reds front office staff. At each of the 17 fan stops, the groups will field questions and sign autographs while time allows.
The tours return to Cincinnati on Sunday, Jan. 25 for the Select-A-Seat event in the FOX Sports Ohio Champions Club at Great American Ball Park where they will join fans meeting with Reds ticket representatives to choose ticket plans and seat locations for the 2015 season.
“For the second year in a row we are sending four Caravan tours to visit every corner of Reds Country,” said Phil Castellini, Reds Chief Operating Officer. “The Caravan is our official kick-off to the new season and our players, coaches, broadcasters and office personnel are excited to meet with loyal fans at all the stops across five states.”
All Caravan fan stops are free and open to the public, and at each fan stop listed below (excluding Select-A-Seat) the Reds will raffle two tickets to the 2015 Opening Day game on Monday, April 6 (4:10 pm) vs. the Pittsburgh Pirates and and two tickets to T-Mobile ALL-STAR FANFEST® at Duke Energy Convention Center during 2015 MLB All-Star Week (July 10th – 14th).
Wednesday, December 31, 2014
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
REDS ACQUIRE All-STAR OF MARLON BYRD FROM PHILLIES
Send Minor League RHP Ben Lively To Philadelphia
CINCINNATI – Cincinnati Reds President of Baseball Operations and General Manager Walt Jocketty today announced the acquisition of OF Marlon Byrd and cash from the Philadelphia Phillies in exchange for minor league RHP Ben Lively.
Byrd, 37, in a career-high 154 appearances last season hit .264 with 28 doubles, a career-best 25 HR and 85 RBI. He led the Phillies in HR, extra-base hits (55) and total bases (263) while ranking second among all National League right fielders in HR and RBI.
Byrd has averaged 15 homers and 71 RBI over a 13-year Major League career with the Phillies, Washington Nationals, Texas Rangers, Chicago Cubs, Boston Red Sox, New York Mets and Pittsburgh Pirates. He has 845 career appearances in center field, 398 appearances in right field and 144 appearances in left field. Byrd spent most of the last 2 seasons playing right field for the Mets and Phillies.
Lively, 22, in 26 starts last season at Class A Bakersfield and Class AA Pensacola combined to finish 13-7 with 3.04 ERA.
A record thirteen teams joined us last night for Better Off Red Baseball Trivia at the Holy Grail Banks. Thanks to each and everyone of you who made it out to participate, and here’s hoping we’ll see YOU this coming Tuesday for more brain-bending baseball trivia!
If you’d like to take a look at last night’s script, click here –> December 30
Last night’s final leaderboard…
1. The Gurus: 84pts
2. Nenni’s Ninnies: 72pts
Thomas & Friends: 72pts
4. Hoboken Zephyrs: 64pts
5. Schottzie O2: 60pts
6. Catch Ya Later: 59pts
7. Team Arbormist: 50pts
8. Johntsons: 12pts
9. Germ: 0pts
Redlegs Ryan: 0pts
State of Mind: 0pts
Team Bresnan: 0pts
Tonight at 6pm, another live action-packed edition of the Reds Hot Stove League radio show and Better Off Red Baseball Trivia takes place at the Holy Grail Banks! Hot Stove host Jim Kelch will be joined by Cincinnati Enquirer Reds beat writer John Fay and Fox Sports Ohio’s Jim Day. (Note: Jon Jay and Jason Bay were not asked to attend).
Better Off Red Baseball Trivia, hosted by yours truly, immediately follows the live episode of the Reds Hot Stove League show. This week, our first-place team will receive a voucher for four free tickets to an upcoming 2015 Reds game at GABP! Join us, won’t ya?!
Congratulations to our neighbors, the Cincinnati Bengals for a big Monday night victory and sealing their fourth straight playoff berth! Who Dey!
— Cincinnati Reds (@Reds) December 23, 2014
Whoooooooooodeyyyyyyyyyy lets go bengals — Todd Frazier (@FlavaFraz21) December 23, 2014
— Cincinnati Reds (@Reds) December 23, 2014
Need some Reds in your life this Christmas? Here’s a note from our friends at Fox Sports Ohio…
FOX Sports Ohio to air Reds Rewinds this Wednesday & Thursday and debut RedsFest Live Wednesday at 8:00pm
The first Reds Rewind, the Reds-Rockies game from May 11th featuring Aroldis Chapman’s return, airs this Wednesday, Dec. 24th at 6:00pm.
CINCINNATI, OHIO – Celebrate the holidays with FOX Sports Ohio with Reds Rewinds and RedsFest Live! FOX Sports Ohio is excited to replay four Reds games from the 2014 season and premiere RedsFest Live this Wednesday and Thursday.
Starting at 6:00pm on Wednesday, December 24th, FOX Sports Ohio will replay two Reds games from last season and debut RedsFest Live.
• The 6:00pm replay features the Reds game from May 11th, 2014, when Aroldis Chapman hit 100 mph 15 times against the Rockies in his return from his preseason injury.
• At 8:00pm, tune in to FOX Sports Ohio for the premiere of RedsFest Live.
o What do Reds fans have to look forward to this upcoming season? Jim Day goes one-on-one with Reds Manager Bryan Price for some of those answers.
o Plus, it’s the youngsters asking the tough questions of Todd Frazier, Billy Hamilton and Devin Mesoraco in the Kids Only Press Conference.
o And, we know what Sam LeCure can do on the mound, but what about in the kitchen? Find out what LeCure has cooking!
o A top prospect had a fan-tastic surprise for the crowd.
• The 8:30pm Reds Rewind will be the Reds-Pirates game from June 17th, 2014, where Todd Frazier’s home run in the ninth lifted Cincinnati over Pittsburgh. Billy Hamilton had three hits and two stolen bases.
Starting at 7:00am on Thursday, December 25th, FOX Sports Ohio will replay two additional Reds games.
• The 7:00am Rewind will be the Reds-Cardinals game from September 11th, 2014, when Johnny Cueto pitched eight scoreless innings to lead the Reds to a 1-0 victory.
• At 9:00am, tune in to FOX Sports Ohio for the replay of the Reds-Pirates game from September 28th, 2014, when Johnny Cueto won his 20th game of the season, the first Red to accomplish this since 1988.
On behalf of everyone here at Better Off Red, we hope you have a safe and happy holiday break. Merry Christmas and happy new new year!!
…and a hearty congratulations to Zach and Danielle!!
Be back soon!
Thanks to everyone who participated in last night’s Better Off Red Baseball Trivia! We’re going to take next Tuesday off, but we’ll be back at the Holy Grail Banks on December 30th. I hope you can join us!
To view last night’s Trivia script, click here —> December 16
Here’s the final leaderboard…
- Red Hot Ball of Fury – 91 pts
- Catch Ya Later – 83 pts
- Eppa Rixey’s Midnight Runners – 81 pts
- Schrute Farms – 64 pts
- Dollstar Tattoo – 55 pts
- OU Bobcats – 1 pt
- Quiz-N-Pants – 0 pt
Join us tonight at the Holy Grail Banks for a live episode of the Reds Hot Stove League radio show, hosted by Marty Brennaman and Thom Brennaman. Immediately following that incredible life-altering experience, prepare to have your mind blown by Better Off Red Baseball Trivia, hosted by yours truly!
We’ll get started at 6pm, and the Brennaman boys should have plenty to talk about following the deals the Reds made at the Winter Meetings; and I’ll give you an opportunity to win fun prizes during BOR Trivia, including a new Better Off Red t-shirt!
So break up the last few days of your work schedule by immersing yourself in Reds baseball, tonight at the Holy Grail Banks!!!
CINCINNATI (Dec. 15, 2014) — The Cincinnati Reds announced the promotional schedule for the 2015 season that includes nine bobbleheads, 14 fireworks shows and a new kids poster series at 10 Sunday home games.
Opening Night – Wed., April 8 – Reds vs. Pirates, 7:10 pm
• Reds players and coaches walk the red carpet in the Kroger Fan Zone to meet and greet with fans
• 2015 Reds Team Calendar fan giveaway
• Postgame Rozzi’s Famous Fireworks show
• Every Friday night features a post-game fireworks show from Rozzi’s Famous Fireworks
Super Saturdays: New for 2015 – premium giveaway every Saturday and more bobbleheads (nine) than ever before:
• April 11 vs. Cardinals: Todd Frazier Bobblehead
• April 25 vs. Cubs: Commemorative Nasty Boys Triple Bobblehead
• May 16 vs. Giants: Johnny Bench “Stars of the Queen City” Bobblehead (one of three)
• May 30 vs. Nationals: Billy Hamilton Bobblehead
• June 6 vs. Padres: Barry Larkin “Stars of the Queen City” Bobblehead (two of three)
• June 20 vs. Marlins: Brandon Phillips Bobblehead
• July 4 vs. Brewers: 2015 All-Star Drawstring Bag
• July 18 vs. Indians: Reds T-Shirt
• Aug. 1 vs. Pirates: Devin Mesoraco Bobblehead
• Aug. 22 vs. Diamondbacks: Tony Perez Day, Tony Perez Replica Statue
• Sept. 5 vs. Brewers: Reds Stein (German Heritage Night)
• Sept. 12 vs. Cardinals: “Stars of the Queen City” Bobblehead TBA (three of three)
• Sept. 26 vs. Mets: 2015 Reds All-Star Player Bobblehead TBA
• Enjoy family days at the ballpark with face painters, circus performers and more
• Giveaways for kids on every Sunday, including a series of Reds player posters
• Run the Bases Days for all fans on April 12, June 7 and Sept. 27
• Family ticket offer every Sunday
2015 Reds tickets ON SALE NOW:
• Season Ticket Plans: Want tickets to the 2015 MLB® ALL-STAR GAME® at Great American Ball Park? Guarantee your chance to buy ALL-STAR GAME® tickets by purchasing Reds half-season ticket plans and above starting at under $9 per seat.
• 13-Game Mini Plans: Three to choose from (13 Fridays, 13 Saturdays or 13 Sundays) and each plan includes one ticket to the 2015 T-Mobile All-Star FanFest®
• “Nasty Boys” Pick-6 Plan: Guarantee the new “Nasty Boys” triple bobblehead featuring 1990 relief pitchers Norm Charlton, Rob Dibble and Randy Myers when you buy the Nasty Boys Pick-6 plan, presented by McDonald’s®. This six-game ticket plan includes the Sat., April 25 Reds vs. Cubs game (Nasty Boys bobblehead night), six free McDonald’s® Extra Value Meals® and five additional regular season home games of your choice, exclusions apply. Save up to 28% with this first ever Reds commemorative triple bobblehead.
Single game tickets are scheduled to go on sale Feb. 28.
The full 2015 promotional schedule can be found at reds.com/promotions.
To purchase tickets visit reds.com/tickets or call 513-765-7500.