Today the Reds returned from a rehabilitation assignment and reinstated from the 15-day disabled list RHP Jonathan Broxton (8/23/13 right forearm surgery)…to make room on the 25-man roster, RHP Trevor Bell went on the 15-day DL with inflammation in his right elbow.
Tonight’s game will air at 8:15pm ET on FOX Sports 1 (not Fox Sports Ohio). You can catch the pregame show at 7:30pm ET.
Thom Brennaman and Eric Karros will have the call.
Here’s tonight’s #Reds Lineup…
With a guest appearance from our dear friend Nadia Dajani!
**UPDATE** Per Mark Sheldon, Billy Hamilton has been scratched with a jammed left middle finger and replaced by Roger Bernadina.
HE LOVES THE APPLE: Brandon Phillips has hit safely in each of his 27 career road games vs the Mets (38-109, .349), including all 17 of his apps at Citi Field (22-74, .297) and all 10 of his apps at Shea Stadium (16-35, .457)…is the second-longest road hitting streak ever vs NYM…Luis Castillo hit safely in 32 consecutive games in Queens from 2001-2005…Phillips’ hitting streak here is the longest current road hitting streak by any active player against any team…courtesy Elias Sports Bureau.
From our friends at Elias Sports Bureau…
Last night’s game was the 13th 1-0 game in Great American Ball Park history, and the first time it’s happened in consecutive games.
Votto last night collected his 1,000th career hit – a double in the first inning off Michael Wacha. He and Brandon Phillips (1,407) are the two active Reds with 1,000 or more career hits. Joey’s first hit was a solo homer off Mets pitcher John Maine on 9/5/07. He ranks 32nd on the Reds all-time hits list.
Tony is Shining*
Tony Cingrani last night was brilliant in his 7.0 shutout innings, allowing just 2 hits and 2 walks while striking out 9. He’s given up 5 hits or fewer in all 19 of his big league starts.
(* see what I did there, Kubrick fans?)
Today is Jay Bruce’s 27th birthday! Happy birthday, “Trey Deuce.”
Obviously, weather could play an important role on whether the Reds and Cardinals wrap up this 3-game series today. Stay tuned to @Reds and/or @Jamieblog on Twitter for updates.
2014 Opening Night – Wed., April 2 – Reds vs. St. Louis Cardinals, 7:10 pm (gates open at 5:10 pm)
• Reds in the Fan Zone: Reds players and coaches will walk the red carpet in the Kroger Fan Zone to meet and greet with fans and starting at 5:30 pm. Olympian Nick Goepper, Creative Nation recording artist and Rolling Stone “Artist to Watch” Maggie Chapman, Miss Ohio USA 2014 Madison Gesioto and Miss Ohio Teen USA 2014 Emma Rofkar will also walk the red carpet.
• 2014 Reds Calendar: The first 20,000 fans will receive a 2014 Reds Team Calendar, presented by Kroger.
• Ceremonial First Pitch: 2014 Olympic slopestyle bronze medalist Nick Goepper of Lawrenceburg, Ind. will throw out a ceremonial first pitch.
• Player Awards: Brandon Phillips will receive his 2013 Rawlings Gold Glove Award and Jay Bruce will receive his 2013 NL Louisville Slugger Silver Slugger and 2013 Wilson Defensive Player of The Year Award during pregame ceremonies.
• National Anthem: Local quartet The Mistics will sing the National Anthem.
• Game Ball Delivery: Madison Gesioto (Miss Ohio USA 2014) and Emma Rofkar (Miss Ohio Teen USA 2014) will deliver the official Game Ball to the mound during pregame ceremonies.
• Live Music: 80’s cover band The Rusty Griswolds will perform from a stage on the right field porch during inning breaks and after the game. The band will also serve as the Honorary Captains of the game.
• Postgame Fireworks presented by Coca-Cola: The Rusty Griswolds will play live during the post-game fireworks show featuring Rozzi’s Famous Fireworks, starting approximately 15 minutes following the last out.