More than 70 current and former Reds players and broadcasters scheduled to appear
FOX Sports Ohio Redsfest presented by PNC at The Duke Energy Convention Center
• Friday, December 2nd, 4 to 10:30 pm
• Saturday, December 3rd, 11 am to 6:30 pm
Tickets are on sale now at reds.com, by phone at (513) 381-REDS, at the Great American Ball Park box office and at Ticketmaster Outlets including select Kroger stores. Tickets available at the door starting Friday at 2 pm and Saturday at 9 am.
• 2-day tickets are $25 for adults; $12 for kids (12 and younger)
• 1-day tickets are $17 for adults; $7 for kids
• Children under 3 admitted free
• With paid admission, all fans will receive one free View Level ticket to any Monday-Wednesday game in April 2012 at Great American Ball Park, subject to availability.
• The first 10,000 fans each day will receive a free drawstring backpack and Reds knit gloves.
• Redsfest features more than 200,000 square feet of activities, including autograph and photo booths with current and former Reds players, interactive games for fans of all ages, hard-to-find memorabilia and much more.
• New this year, the aisles of the Redsfest floor will be significantly wider and additional seating has been added in the concession areas.
Current and Former Players at Redsfest
• More than 70 current and former Reds players, coaches and broadcasters are scheduled to appear. The full list of confirmed attendees are at reds.com/redsfest.
Autograph and Photograph Sessions
• Over 100 player autograph sessions and player photograph sessions are free of charge with a Redsfest general admission ticket. There are three types of main floor autographs: general public, season ticket holders and kids-only. For each autograph session, the player will sign for 225 people. The photograph sessions will be open for 50 minutes each. The autograph/photograph schedule will be announced 30 minutes prior to the start of each session on the TVs throughout Redsfest and on the Reds official twitter account @Reds.
Main Stage Highlights
• 5:30 pm – Introduction of Cincinnati Reds past & present
• 6:00 pm – Introduction of new mascot Mr. Red
• 6:25 pm – Kids Only Press Conference presented by GearUP
• 7:25 pm – 2011 Reds Team Awards Presentations
• 9:15 pm – Cincinnati’s Got Talent Semi-Finals presented by Toyota
• 12:15 pm – Reds Hot Stove Report featuring Walt Jocketty & Dusty Baker presented by FOX Sports Ohio
• 2:05 pm – Kids Only Press Conference presented by GearUP
• 3:05 pm – Reds Alumni “Bull Session” presented by Reds Fantasy Camp
• 4:00 pm – Cincinnati’s Got Talent Finals presented by Toyota
• 5:10 pm – Bronson Arroyo Concert presented by Best Buy
Plenty of events and activities for fans of all ages
• The Kids Fun Zone features interactive exhibits and games including speed pitch, batting cages, run it out, oversized team photo, at-the-wall catch, Reds Reading Room and much more.
• Visit the Gorilla Glue Field of Dreams and the Coca-Cola Reds Rookie Field for open Wiffle® Ball batting practice and free clinics.
@Reds on Twitter at #Redsfest
• Follow the @reds on Twitter and receive updates all weekend on which players will be in the autograph and photograph booths 30 minutes advance of each session. Fans can use the hashtag #Redsfest when tweeting from Redsfest.
Redsfest Mobile Text Alerts:
• Text REDSFEST to 66128 to receive Redsfest updates on your phone during the two-day event.
• The first ever Redsfest Authentics Live Auction is Friday from 6:30 to 7:30 pm in the Reds Authentics area, located next to the Reds Team Shop Merchandise area. The live auctions will feature 27 different “lots” that include an assortment of game-used jerseys, bats, hats, balls, clubhouse memorabilia and autographed items signed by your favorite Reds players.
Votto Pick-4 Plan presented by McDonald’s
• Redsfest will be the first opportunity for fans to purchase the Votto Pick-4 Plan. The plan incudes a ticket for Joey Votto Bobblehead Night (May 12 vs. Nationals) plus three additional games of your choice (excluding Opening Day) and a McDonald’s Extra Value Meal voucher with each ticket. Plans start as low as $32!
• The annual Reds Community Fund Celebrity Texas Hold ‘Em Tournament takes is Saturday at 5 pm. The winner takes home a guaranteed $10,000. It’s not too late to sign up at reds.com/poker or call (513) 765-7240.
Reds Heads Kids Club
• The 2012 Reds Heads Kids Club membership will be for sale at Redsfest. The $25 Reds Heads merchandise kit makes a great holiday gift for children ages 14 and younger, which includes vouchers for free Reds tickets and exclusive club gear. A special Reds Heads gift will be included in memberships purchased at Redsfest, while supplies last.
For the most updated information and additional details about Redsfest, please visit reds.com/redsfest. Proceeds from Redsfest benefit the baseball-themed outreach programs of the Reds Community Fund.
Reds Director of Promotional Events Zach Bonkowski (pictured below) stopped by BOR Headquarters today to answer some of the Redsfest questions submitted via Twitter with the hashtag #AskRedsfest …
@GreaterNati: #AskRedsFest Im a season ticket holder and was hoping to get my Votto jersey signed. Is he a Friday session for STH?
ZACH: Unfortunately Joey’s limited availability will not allow him to take part in the Season Ticket Holder Only autograph line on Friday night.
@DatGalKP: How do you sign your child up for the kids autograph?#AskRedsfest
ZACH: You do not need to sign them up for the Kids Only autograph area. That area is first-come, first-serve for autograph sessions. Players participating in sessions at that booth will be announced 30-minutes prior to the scheduled start of sessions, just as they are at the other autograph areas.
@OMGReds: We would like to #AskRedsfest… Are #Redsfest exclusive baseball cards coming back this year?
ZACH: Good question, but they are not on the schedule to be back this year. The sponsor behind those cards has chosen to go with a poster the last few years. Those posters will be available, free of charge, at the Orville Redenbacher booth (Booth #37) at Redsfest. The 2011 Redsfest floor plan has been submitted for posting and @Jamieblog will announce when it’s ready for viewing and printing.
@AJaggers12: will there be a kids section and kids alutograph section at #Redsfest ? #AskRedsfest
ZACH: Yes, there is. We keep one autograph area at Redsfest for Kids Only – which for Redsfest is defined as those 17 and under who were unable to participate in the online autograph opportunity sweepstakes. This is Autograph Booth E at Redsfest. Parents may enter the cuing lines with children if they choose to, however only the child is entitled to an autograph when they reach the player.
@icee82: Usually Redsfest has a theme. For instance, in 2010, it was a celebration of the 1990 Reds. What is the theme now? #ASKREDSFEST
ZACH: This year’s theme is “Jamie’s Cats: A Celebration of Our Favorite Felines”. (Just kidding, there is no specific theme to this year’s event – we’re simply trying to put on the best team fan festival in all of Major League Baseball.)
(editor’s note: BOR does not support or endorse Zach’s poor attempt at humor.)
@KarenCincy: what time do the autograph/photo lines start on Friday #askredsfest? Ps. Happy Thanksgiving!
ZACH: The first players will arrive at Autograph & Photograph booths at 4:15PM on Friday night and at 12PM on Saturday. The last sessions begins at 9:15PM on Friday and 5PM on Saturday. Each session of autographs will consist of 225 autographs (regardless of the time it takes) and photograph sessions will have a hard cut-off time at 10 minutes prior to the next scheduled session.
ZACH: Redsfest setup started yesterday and will continue every day (except for Thanksgiving) up until opening on Friday. Jamie will periodically provide updates on setup on BOR (with the express written consent of @Bongreatness). Although a new “confirmed” player attendance was made yesterday, we still expect more confirmations right up until Redsfest begins. Also, make sure you are checking out the FAQ section on www.reds.com/redsfest to make sure you’re aware of this year’s policies regarding size limits on bags being brought into the event.
Jose Arredondo, Johnny Cueto, Ryan Hanigan, Juan “Porky” Lopez, Billy Hatcher, and Reds prospect Denis Phipps are all confirmed to attend Redsfest on December 2 & 3 at the Duke Energy Convention Center.
For a full list of player appearances, please visit Reds.com/Redsfest.
And speaking of Redsfest, Reds Director of Promotional Events Zach Bonkowski will be stopping by BOR Headquarters tomorrow to answer your #AskRedsfest questions. Be sure to tweet your questions using the hashtag #AskRedsfest.
Don’t forget the Hot Stove League tonight on 700 WLW and on Reds.com. Here’s the LINK to listen.
Following the Hot Stove program, Reds pitcher Sam LeCure will be a guest on tonight’s SportsTalk program on WLW (radio only). Sam is expected to update us on how he’s doing in the “Movember” campaign and whether is moustache has returned to epic proportions.
Folks have been tweeting their Redsfest-related questions using the hashtag #AskRedsfest. Reds Director of Promotional Events Zach Bonkowski (@Bongreatness on Twitter) today stopped by Better Off Red Headquarters to answer some of those questions. Zach will be back again before Redsfest to answer more queries…
@Drinck7: Where do I buy a 2 day #Redsfest pass? And it’s $25.00 right? #AskRedsfest
Zach: Two-day Redsfest passes are $25 for adults and $12 for children under 12. (Note: Single day tickets are $17 for adults and $7 for children 12 and under). Tickets can be purchased online (Reds.com), at the Great American Ball Park administration building from 8:30-5:30 (closed 11/24 & 11/25) and at select Kroger locations that use Ticketmaster.
@kehme: would it be unnecessary for a season tix holder to register for the autograph session giveaways? #askredsfest
Zach: Season ticket holders have a unique opportunity for autographs by utilizing the season ticket holder autograph booth inside Redsfest. However, you can increase your chances of getting the autograph of your favorite player IF you registered for the online autograph opportunity or if you bid on the elite pass auction (elite pass auction continues through Monday).
@kehme: how many Redsfest tix does a season ticket holder receive? #askRedsfest
• Partials (including Premium partials)- go to Baker’s Dozen accounts and up. Those folks get the like number of seats with a max of 2 per account
• Full- non-premium get the like number of seats with a max of 4 per account
• Full- prem get 4 per account no matter how many seats they have
@spamadama: Will Joey Votto sign autographs for adults as well as kids? #AskRedsfest
Zach: Joey Votto’s limited ability (Friday only) will limit him to one autograph opportunity for children, a photograph opportunity that’s open to all attendees, and the pre-registered online opportunity that was conducted on Reds.com.
@kehme: since attendee list shows Votto & Rolen on Fri only, safe to assume neither will play in poker tourney? #askredsfest
Zach: Yes, they’re both unable to play poker on Saturday, however, their autograph jerseys will still be given away as prizes.
@beamer1117: will autographs from you at the BOR Lounge also be for the first 225 #askRedsfest
ME: I will only signed the following items:
- Any magazines or calendars featuring cats.
- Cincinnati Reds Merchandise catalogs, circa 2000-01.
- Kim Kardashian wedding announcements.
- Concert t-shirts.
- Lee May 8×10 photos.
- Mercury Marty blue jeans.
- John Fay’s broken ipad.
- Burt BobbleRed wine bottles.
- Checks made out to me.
@majorsbpm: if the elite pass for votto is for sat but he’s only attending Friday (what should we do?).
Zach: Those who bid on Saturday should’ve received an email from MLBAM (Major League Baseball Advanced Media) on the procedure of adjusting (or moving) your bid. If you have not, please contact the Reds BAM administrator Jarrod Rollins at JRollins@reds.com
@munsen02: Do the lottery announcements come out today? I hope so, it’ll affect my jersey order…
Zach: MLBAM will be notifying winners in waves throughout the day and weekend.
@AdamTurer: What can I do over the next 2 weeks to gain enough notoriety to be eligible for the Celebrity Wiffleball Home Run Derby? #AskRedsfest
ME: Appear on a popular Travel Channel television eating program wearing a Better Off Red t-shirt.
A few notes from Zach:
- We’ll continue to update Redsfest player appearances on Reds.com/Redsfest as we continue to contact and talk to current players as well as Reds alumni and minor leaguers.
- Players with attendance conflicts: Paul Janish and Nick Masset, (both recently welcomed new additions to their families), Miguel Cairo (family wedding), Dave Sappelt and Carlos Fisher (winter ball).
- Due to safety concerns all bags are subject to inspection before entrance to Redsfest. (Same policy as GABP inspection – bags bigger than 16x16x8 are not permitted). Fans are still permitted to bring in baseball bats and other larger, unique items to get signed (such as seatbacks, etc.).
Do you want 2 free tickets to Redsfest? The 50th person to tweet the following message, in it’s entirety, wins the tickets….
I’m looking forward to seeing #BurtBobbleRed at the BOR booth at Redsfest!
This Date in Reds History (thanks to Redleg Journal by Rhodes & Snyder)
1889: “A week after North Dakota, South Dakota, Montana and Washington are granted statehood, the Reds are granted re-admission into the National League after an absence of nine years. Cincinnati joined clubs in Boston, Brooklyn (which jumped leagues at the same time as the Reds), Chicago, Cleveland, New York, Philadelphia and Pittsburgh.”
“A month after the Reds move, the Players League was formally organized. The new league grew out of dissatisfaction among players over their salaries and contracts. Many top stars left their National League and American Association teams to join the new league. The Reds were fortunate, however, as all of their top regulars remained with the club and no Players League team was placed in Cincinnati as direct competition. The Players League, which had clubs located in Boston, Brooklyn, Buffalo, Chicago, Cleveland, New York, Philadelphia, and Pittsburgh survived only one season.”
Since Redsfest is rapidly approaching, I know many of you have questions regarding the event.
Beginning now until the doors open at the Duke Energy Convention Center on December 2, I’ll collect all of your Redsfest-related questions via Twitter under the hashtag #AskRedsfest.
Every Friday, Better Off Red will post answers to your queries.
Here’s an example of an Ask Redsfest tweet: @Jamieblog: What time do gates open to Redsfest? #askRedsfest
Remember, the answers to some of your questions might already be available by simply visiting Reds.com/Redsfest.
Congratulations to former Red, Hal Morris, who today agreed to a multi-year contract with the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim to be their Director of Pro Scouting.
That’s all for now. Stay tuned as I’ll have the 2012 Reds Spring Training schedule right here on BOR.
Expect good news,