Official 2015 MLB All-Star Game Merchandise
Available Now Exclusively At Great American Ball Park
CINCINNATI (Aug. 6, 2014) — Official 2015 Major League Baseball All-Star Game apparel and merchandise went on sale at Great American Ball Park following this morning’s press conference to reveal the All-Star Game logo.
The team shops at GABP are the only locations fans can purchase 2015 All-Star Game merchandise locally during an exclusive 5-day selling period through Sunday.
The team shops will feature 2015 All-Star Game logo’d gear for men, women and children including:
- Men’s t-shirts, polos and pullovers
– Women’s t-shirts
– Kids t-shirts
– Adjustable and flex-fit hats
– Baseballs, commemorative pins, mini-bats and more
From my pal @Bongreatness…
During pregame ceremonies today the Reds will re-unveil the 2015 MLB All-Star Game logo. The logo is positioned above the Sun/Moon Deck in rightfield. The 2015 ASG Logo was also unveiled during a press conference today at 10AM, but has been covered back up for tonight’s pregame ceremony so that we can celebrate the moment with the Reds fans at tonight’s game.
Prior to the logo unveiling the Reds will honor their five players (Cueto, Chapman, Simon, Frazier & Mesoraco) from the 2014 All-Star Game and present each one with a commemorative plaque.
The first 25,000 fans in attendance at the ballpark this evening will receive a Jay Bruce bobblehead, courtesy of the Ohio Lottery.
After you’ve voted for your Red-to-Rock, tweet who you voted for and include the hashtag #RedToRock. Doing so will give you a chance to win this Sean Casey Celebriduck that the team gave away in 2002….
Three days of Hall of Fame activities and events, Aug 8-10
CINCINNATI (Aug. 5, 2014) — The Cincinnati Reds Hall of Fame & Museum has an exciting weekend planned to celebrate the 2014 Hall of Fame Class: Ken Griffey Jr., Dave Parker, Ron Oester and the late Jake Beckley.
Fans can attend meet and greets with new inductees and returning Hall of Famers and alumni on Friday, Saturday and Sunday at the museum. All meet and greet sessions are free with Museum admission. (Players subject to change)
The culmination of the weekend is the star-studded Induction Gala presented by Clark Schaefer Hackett on Sunday evening at the Northern Kentucky Convention Center featuring Reds players and coaches from the 2014 team along with Hall of Famers and alumni to honor the 2014 Inductees. A limited number of Gala tickets are still available at (513) 765-7921.
2014 Reds Hall of Fame Induction Weekend – Full Schedule of Events
Friday, Aug. 8 – Cincinnati Reds vs. Miami Marlins, 7:10 p.m.
• 5 to 7 p.m.: Meet and Greet with Reds Hall of Famers and alumni (photos only, no autographs please)
– 2014 Inductees Ken Griffey Jr., Dave Parker and Ron Oester plus Johnny Bench, Jack Billingham, Tom Browning, Leo Cardenas, Clay Carroll, Eric Davis, George Foster, Cesar Geronimo, Wayne Granger, Ken Griffey Sr., Tommy Helms, Jim Maloney, Lee May, Joe Morgan, Gary Nolan, Jim O’Toole, Tony Perez, Chris Sabo and Mario Soto.
• Over 20 Reds legends, including members of the 2014 Induction Class, will be introduced on the field during post-game ceremonies.
• Fireworks show with soundtrack of Hall of Fame hits, presented by Cooper Tire.
Saturday, Aug. 9 – Cincinnati Reds vs. Miami Marlins, 7:10 p.m.
• 2:30 to 4:30 p.m.: Meet and Greet with Reds Hall of Famers and alumni (photos only, no autographs please)
– 2014 Inductees Ken Griffey Jr., Dave Parker and Ron Oester plus Johnny Bench, Jack Billingham, Tom Browning, Leo Cardenas, Clay Carroll, Sean Casey, David Concepcion, Eric Davis, George Foster, Cesar Geronimo, Wayne Granger, Ken Griffey, Sr., Tommy Helms, Jim Maloney, Lee May, Joe Morgan, Gary Nolan, Jim O’Toole, Tony Perez, Chris Sabo, and Mario Soto.
• Free commemorative print honoring the 2014 Induction Class to all fans in attendance, presented by P&G and Kroger.
• 5:30 to 6 p.m.: Induction Press Conference (GABP Field Level Media Interview Room)
• 6:30 p.m.: Ken Griffey, Jr., Dave Parker, Ron Oester and the late Jake Beckley will be officially inducted into the Reds Hall of Fame during on-field ceremonies. Marty Brennaman will be the master of ceremonies and Griffey Jr., Parker and Oester will address the crowd and throw out ceremonial first pitches.
Sunday, Aug. 10 – Cincinnati Reds vs. Miami Marlins, 1:10 p.m.
• Noon to 1 p.m.: Meet and greet with Reds alumni
– Tom Hume, Dmitri Young and others to be announced
• 5:30 to 10 p.m.: Hall of Fame Induction Gala presented by Clark Schaefer Hackett at the Northern Kentucky Convention Center with remarks by inductees Ken Griffey Jr., Dave Parker and Ron Oester and appearances by Reds Hall of Famers along with players and coaches from the 2014 Reds team.
For full details and updated meet and greet schedules, please visit redsmuseum.org or call (513) 765-7923.
The Reds Hall of Fame & Museum will open early on Saturday, Aug. 9 at 8 a.m. and Sunday, Aug. 10 at 10 a.m.
2014 Hall of Fame Induction Gala Sponsors
• Title Sponsor: Clark Schaefer Hackett
• Presenting Sponsors: The Williams Family, The Castellini Family, Budweiser, Prestige AV & Creative Services, Cincinnati Bell and FOX Sports Ohio.
• Hall of Fame Sponsors: Castellini Group of Companies, CBTS, CEI Sports, Cooper Tire, DeanHouston, Devin Cahn Associates, Dinsmore, General Mills, Green Diamond Gallery, Jeff Wyler Automotive Family, Players for the Planet, PNC, Rawlings and William Lang & Sons.
• Major League Sponsors: AAA/Bob Sumerel Tire & Service, Beacon Orthopaedics & Sports Medicine, Brian Crotty, Cincinnati Belting & Transmission, Deloitte, Duke Realty, First Financial Bank, First Trust, Gorilla Glue, H. Wayne Ferguson Family Foundation, Heidelberg Distributing Company, Holthaus Lackner Signs, Holy Grail Tavern, Impact Direct Marketing, Joseph Automotive Group, Louisville Slugger, MarketVision Research, Moerlein Lager House, MSA, Robert S. Castellini, Robert Lawrence, Rozzi Fireworks, Skyline, The Gendell Family, TQL, UDF and Geoff Smith.
Here are today’s National League Central Division standings…
Here are the National League Western Division standings from this date 2007…
Significance? The Rockies played the Red Sox in the World Series that year.
I’m not implying anything other than “it ain’t over till it’s over.”
Expect good news.
CINCINNATI (Aug. 1, 2014) — Are you a Reds fan who’s also into yoga? If so, don’t miss “Sliding Into Om” on Saturday, Sept. 6 at Great American Ball Park.
It’s your chance to take the field for a one-hour yoga session led by instructors from Simply Power Yoga.
The Sliding Into Om package is only $25 and includes:
• Yoga on the field on Sept. 6 (8:30 a.m.)
• Game ticket for Reds vs. Cardinals on Sept. 9 (7:10 p.m.)
• Complimentary yoga session at Simply Power Yoga
Tickets must be purchased in advance, so reserve your spot today at reds.com/yoga.
Sliding into Om – Saturday, Sept. 6, 2014 at Great American Ball Park
• 8 a.m.: Registration and check-in
• 8:30 to 9:30 a.m.: Yoga session on the field
• 9:30 to 10 a.m.: Refreshments provided by Coffee Emporium and fresh fruit from Castellini Co.
Check out these photos from Johnny Béisbol’s fantastic outing yesterday in Miami (courtesy of Denis Bancroft)…
I’ve got some Reds stuff that I want to give away to the loyal readers of Better Off Red. Check out some of the things that could be yours…
(and more stuff not pictured)
How can you get your hands on this stuff? Well, I’ve got an idea…
Our dear friend (and blog mascot) Burt BobbleRed has been a little down in the dumps lately. I would love it if you could help me cheer him up. There’s a good chance you could put a smile back on his cute little porcelain face by tweeting photos/signs/poems/haikus/etc., that illustrate your loyal love and support for Burt and/or Better Off Red.
When Burt is smiling, he tends to be in a giving mood. So come up with something good and include the hashtag #BetterOffRed. I’ll randomly select winners using the @Jamieblog account.
There is no deadline for this contest and you can tweet as much as you’d like. Sound good? It’s a little open for interpretation, but I’m sure you can come up with something creative. And remember, it has to be specific to Burt and/or BOR, so simply tweeting a photo of your kids or your dog wearing a Reds cap doesn’t count.
Beginning today, you might see these posters in area restaurants advertising the Ultimate Sports Doubleheader...
Attending a Reds home game and Bengals training camp/preseason game all in one day?! That IS the ultimate Cincinnati sports doubleheader!
Recently Reds players Brayan Pena, Jumbo Diaz and Ramon Santiago attended the second annual Orgullo Hispano Luncheon at Cancun Mexican Restaurant. Check out the photos courtesy of my colleague Michael “Mando” Anderson…
Thanks to all the recent followers of @Jamieblog!
@OARnow @benlandis @VisitClintonCty @AnthonyBoyerTCB @themiehls @JennyBaseballl @cmeyer72 @thetranseptOTR @Ndamukong_Stu @kspriggs11 @feoshiawrites @ohiospud @AHaze13 @jonreardon2 @buckeyekaraoke @FakefulkJKM @SweetAdvise @RussellMcDermit @djd31475 @bobbibab1980 @matteo_mas @sheldoncooperis @daughtryfan09 @LAMPTV @BigWormsWay @Cetrey4 @JRFarase
That’s all for now. More in a bit.
Expect good news!
CINCINNATI (July 31, 2014) — The Reds Hall of Fame & Museum continues its collectible bobblehead series, presented by Dinsmore & Shohl LLP, with the release of the Barry Larkin bobblehead.
The bobbleheads are free with regular-price admission to the Reds Hall of Fame beginning Friday, Aug. 1 at 10 a.m. and will be available Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays throughout the month of August, while supplies last.
One of the most complete players in Reds history, Larkin’s remarkable career culminated with his induction into the National Baseball Hall of Fame in 2012. Of the many unforgettable moments of Larkin’s career, his celebratory leap after the Reds’ completed their sweep of the A’s in the 1990 World Series ranks among the most indelible of his career. The bobblehead replicates that triumphant moment in great detail, including the dirt that stained the front of his uniform from a slide earlier in the game.
Larkin was inducted into the Reds Hall of Fame in 2008.
The bobblehead series continues each month through September with a different Reds legend in a classic pose that highlights an iconic image or moment from their Reds career.
• May: Sparky Anderson (only available through the purchase of a membership)
• June: Jim O’Toole (only available through the purchase of a membership)
• July: Eric Davis (only available through the purchase of a membership)
• August: Barry Larkin
• September: Pete Rose
Admission to the Reds Hall of Fame & Museum is $10 for adults, $8 for students/seniors and $6 for active military/veterans.
The best way to ensure a bobblehead is to join the Hall of Fame & Museum as a member:
• $50 Reds Fan membership (individual) gets the Sparky Anderson and Jim O’Toole bobbleheads.
• $85 All-Star membership (family) gets the Sparky Anderson, Jim O’Toole, Eric Davis and Barry Larkin bobbleheads.
• $200 MVP and $1,000 World Champion memberships get all five bobbleheads plus additional perks and gifts.
About the Reds Hall of Fame & Museum:
Driven by a mission to celebrate greatness, preserve history and provide inspiration, the Reds Hall of Fame & Museum is the place where the story of Reds baseball comes alive each day. Established in 1958, the Reds Hall of Fame is the oldest continually operating team Hall of Fame in all of baseball. Since its inception, 81 players, managers and executives have been honored with induction.
The Museum features 15,000 square feet of historical, interactive and educational exhibits, highlighting the rich and storied tradition of the Reds for fans of all ages.
Located next to Great American Ball Park, The Reds Hall of Fame & Museum is open 10 a.m. to 5 p.m year-round with extended hours on game days.
Plan your visit at http://www.redsmuseum.org or by calling (513) 765-7923.
Photos courtesy of Christy LaPlante…
From BOR earlier today…
During pregame ceremonies today we will welcome three of the Cincinnati Bengals’ finest players – offensive lineman Andrew Whitworth, defensive tackle Domata Peko and running back Giovani Bernard – as we unveil the 2014 “Ultimate Sports Doubleheader” posters. For the third consecutive season the Reds and Bengals have teamed up on these posters to help highlight some of the dates where Cincinnati sports fans can experience a great doubleheader experience on the riverfront, by attending a Reds home game and Bengals training camp practice or preseason game. The posters will be on display at area restaurants throughout the month of August (not available for sale). This year’s posters feature the following combinations:
• “Power Surge” featuring Todd Frazier & Domata Peko
• “Rock Solid” featuring Devin Mesoraco & Andrew Whitworth
• “Speed Thrills” featuring Billy Hamilton & Giovani Bernard