#REDS GAME ONE LINEUP; TIDBITS FROM INSIDE EDGE
We’ve got at least 17 innings of baseball scheduled for you today, so sit back, relax and soak it all in!
If you’re keeping score of both games today, we’ll make it worth your while. Tweet me (@jamieblog) a picture of your finished & accurate scorecards and there just might be a prize for you from BOR Headquarters!
From my pal @Bongreatness…
Today the Reds & Pirates play a day/night doubleheader at Great American Ball Park. Game #1 is the rescheduled game from a rainout on May 10th of this season. All gates for Game #1 open at 10:40AM this morning. There is no giveaway item for fans attending Game #1. The ballpark will be cleared out between Game #1 & Game #2 today. (Inclement weather could, of course, have an effect on Game #2 starting time and/or gate opening time. If that situation arises, announcements will be made through all normal channels as quickly as possible.)
Today we welcome a few special guests who will each offer up a ceremonial first pitch before Game #1. First we welcome United States Olympian and 2016 bronze medalist in the men’s 800 meters – Clayton Murphy. Clayton is from New Madison, Ohio (about a 90-minute drive north of Cincinnati). And secondly we welcome competitive eater Joey “Jaws” Chestnut. Joey is a nine-time winner of the famous Hot Dog Eating championship held each 4th of July at Coney Island, NY, and he is also the world brat eating record (70 brats in 10 minutes) and will defend his title this weekend at Oktoberfest Zinzinnati.
A few Reds notes from our friends at Inside Edge:
- Joey Votto has an OBP of .442 (196/443) versus RHP . (MLB Rank: 1st of 205 full-time players; League Avg: .325)
- Joey Votto’s OPS is 1.003 (443 PA’s) versus RHP this season. (MLB Rank: 4th of 205 full-time players; League Avg: .753)
- Right-handed batters are batting just .174 against Anthony DeSclafani (29-for-167) . (MLB Rank: 2nd of 145 qualified SP; League Avg: .261)
- RHBs have slugged just .257 (43 Total Bases / 167 AB) against Anthony DeSclafani . (MLB Rank: 2nd of 145 qualified SP; League Avg: .432)
- Right-handed hitting opponents have just a .498 OPS against Anthony DeSclafani (189 PA) this season. (MLB Rank: 2nd of 145 qualified SP; League Avg: .752)
- Raisel Iglesias’s BABIP is .204 this year. (MLB Rank: 2nd of 176 qualified RP; League Avg: .299)
- RHBs are just .127 against Raisel Iglesias (10-for-79) . (MLB Rank: 4th of 176 qualified RP; League Avg: .248)
- Raisel Iglesias has allowed a slugging percentage of just .208 (31 Total Bases / 149 AB) this season. (MLB Rank: 2nd of 176 qualified RP; League Avg: .397)
- Brandon Phillips is hitting .273 (67-for-245) with two strikes this season. (MLB Rank: 6th of 205 full-time players; League Avg: .180)
- Jose Peraza is hitting .385 (35-for-91) at home . (MLB Rank: 1st of 142 part-time players; League Avg: .263)
- Tucker Barnhart is hitting .367 (29-for-79) with runners in scoring position . (MLB Rank: 8th of 204 full-time players; League Avg: .263)