LORENZEN SHARES FREE TIME WITH COMMUNITY
Michael Lorenzen is one of the good ones. He’s who you want your kid to grow up to be. Michael is a man of faith with a deep understanding and appreciation for the Scripture. He’s got a great attitude, an infectious smile and a bright future as a successful Major Leaguer. Michael’s not quite 24 but the manner in which he conducts himself is much older. The outfielder/pitcher from Cal State Fullerton is one of the most gracious and kindhearted players to ever put on a Reds uniform.
Recently, Lorenzen arrived in Cincinnati to fulfill his Redsfest obligations – but a funny think happened on the way to the Queen City – he asked to arrive early and stay late. Lorenzen had Reds staffer Corey Hawthorne stuff his schedule to the gills with appearances and events that would benefit and bring joy to those who could use some holiday cheer.
Michael made it in to Cincinnati a few days early to help promote Redsfest with Anthony DeSclafani on local TV and radio stations. After Redsfest, his schedule remained in overdrive.
Below is Lorenzen’s post-Redsfest itinerary that he just completed Monday. Take a look. I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised at how much time Michael dedicated and shared with those in the Cincinnati Reds community.
Monday, December 7th
- AMIS school visit – 10:30am-noon
- Mathew 25 Ministries –6:30pm-7:30pm (Lorenzen helped Boy Scouts group)
Tuesday, December 8th
- Learning is Cool Event – 9:45am-noon (Location: Silverton Paideia Academy – 7451 Montgomery Rd., Silverton, OH 45236; Lorenzen, along with Cincinnati Bengal Domata Peko spoke to students about the importance of education)
- Meeting with UC Baseball Team – 1pm – 2pm (Location: Marge Schott Stadium – 51 W. Corry Blvd. Cincinnati, OH 45221)
- Hot Stove League radio show at Holy Grail- 6pm-7pm (Lorenzen went on air with hosts Marty Brennaman and Jim Kelch)
Wednesday, December 9th
- Indian Hill High School FCA Huddle – 10:20am
- Talawanda High School FCA Huddle – 1:30pm
- Urban Youth Academy Baseball Instructional Clinic – 5:30pm-8:30pm
Thursday, December 10th
- Faith Day Lunch Meet & Greet with Faith Day Group Leaders- noon-1:30pm (Machine Room at Great American Ball Park; Lorenzen spoke about his faith and baseball experiences)
- Anderson High School FCA Huddle – 2:45pm (Lorenzen addressed athletes from three different high schools at this event)
- M.V.K. Event at Sugar N’ Spice Restaurant – 5:30pm-7:30pm (50 -60 kids present at this event)
Friday, December 11th
- Reds Front Office Holiday Luncheon – 11:30am-1:30pm (Lorenzen dined with front office staff and participated in Q&A with Dick Williams)
- Visit to Children’s Home of Northern Kentucky – 4:00pm (Spent time with kids hanging out playing games, baseball, Q&A etc)
Saturday, December 12th
- Fellowship of Christian Athletes Meet & Greet – 11am -1pm (Reds Hall of Fame Theater – 100 Joe Nuxhall Way)
- Kenwood Mall Visit to Reds kiosk – 2pm-3pm (Meet & Greet with Reds fans who purchased Reds Holiday Packs & Consumer Clubs kits)
Sunday, December 13th
- WEBN Bengals Pregame Interview Live – 10:45am-11:30am (Tin Roof at the Banks- 60 E Freedom Way #150, Cincinnati, OH 45202; Interview about 2015 season, spring training, next season, & Bengals football)
- Steelers vs Bengals Game – 1pm
Monday, December 14th
- Children’s Hospital Visit – 10:30am -11:30am
- Flight back home
Well done, Michael. Thank you!