#REDS TO CELEBRATE ‘FIESTA ROJOS’ ON FRIDAY, AUGUST 21
Tony Perez featured as an Honorary Captain of the Game
CINCINNATI (Aug. 20, 2015) — To kick off Tony Perez weekend, the Cincinnati Reds will celebrate “Fiesta Rojos” on Friday, Aug. 21 with the following events and activities:
• 11 to 12:30 p.m. at the P&G Cincinnati MLB Urban Youth Academy in Roselawn (2026 E. Seymour Avenue, Cincinnati, Ohio 45237)
– Hispanic Reds players Brayan Peña, Raisel Iglesias, Eugenio Suarez, Ivan De Jesus Jr., Jumbo Diaz and Pedro Villarreal to meet with 100+ students from Cincinnati Public School’s Academy of Multilingual Immersion Studies (AMIS)
– Students will participate in a Q&A, baseball clinic, salsa dancing and learn about how the players got to the Major Leagues
• Reds players and coaches will wear the alternate “Los Rojos” jerseys during the 7:10 p.m. game against the Arizona Diamondbacks.
• La Mega 97.7 will provide live entertainment on the Crosley Patio starting at 5:30 p.m.
• On-field events will start at 6:30 p.m. with a Fiesta Rojos parade and dancers from the “Latin Dolls”
• Tony Perez, David Concepción, & César Gerónimo will serve as Honorary Captains of the Game
• Maria Lang, a teacher at AMIS, will receive a Reds Community Advocate Award presented by TriHealth.
• Latina singer Tina DeAndrete will perform the National Anthem
• Ohio Latino Affairs Commission ceremony honoring current Hispanic Reds players
• The Cincinnati Bell Hometown Hero of the Game will be Miguel “Mike” Robinson (end of second inning)
Additionally, students and staff from AMIS will be attending Friday’s game compliments of the “Amigos de los Rojos” ticketing program. Now in its fifth year, Amigos de Los Rojos provides free tickets, Los Rojos caps and concession vouchers to local schools and community groups. The program is funded by the Hispanic Reds players.