#REDS BASELINE ITEMS FOR MONDAY, AUGUST 10
Hi folks! I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. I have a few announcements below, followed by an opportunity for you to win some cool stuff from Better Off Red Headquarters. So, without further ado…
I had the privilege of filling in for Mark Sheldon on the most recent Reds Podcast with Phil Rogers. You can go HERE to listen.
3,000 participants raise $150,000 at the 2015 Redlegs Run
CINCINNATI — Close to 3,000 runners and walkers participated today in the 14th annual Coldwell Banker West Shell Redlegs Run at Great American Ball Park, raising approximately $150,000 for the Reds Community Fund.
• The overall top 5K male finisher was JJ Webber of Landen (OH) with a time of 15:22
• The overall top 5K female finisher was Katie Lenahan of Cincinnati with a time of 18:11
• The overall top 10K male finisher was Jeff Denny of Cincinnati with a time of 32:46
• The overall top 10K female finisher was Kerry Lee of Cincinnati with a time of 38:53 (now a four-time winner of Redlegs Run events)
The winners have been invited to throw ceremonial first pitches prior to the Tuesday, Aug. 18 Reds vs. Kansas City Royals game at Great American Ball Park.
Complete race results will be posted later today at www.reds.com/run.
All proceeds from the race directly benefit the Reds Community Fund and its youth baseball and softball outreach initiatives. Student-athletes from the Reds RBI (Reviving Baseball in Inner Cities) baseball and softball teams served as volunteers on the 5K and 10K courses.
Race sponsors and partners: Coldwell Banker West Shell, Beacon Orthopaedics & Sports Medicine, Cintas, UnitedHealthcare, Trophy Awards, Buckeye Running Company, Queen City Sausage, Kroger, Coca-Cola, Prestige AV and Creative Services, Castellini Group of Companies, LaRosa’s, United Dairy Farmers and 700WLW.
Dinner with Tony Perez and the Great Eight – Aug. 21
CINCINNATI — A limited number of tickets are available for an exclusive, intimate dinner with Hall of Famer Tony Perez and his Big Red Machine teammates on Friday, Aug. 21 at 6 p.m. at Great American Ball Park.
Scheduled to appear with Perez are: Johnny Bench, Joe Morgan, Pete Rose, David Concepcion, George Foster, Cesar Geronimo, Ken Griffey, Sr., Jack Billingham, Don Gullett, Rawly Eastwick, Pat Darcy and Doug Flynn.
This special evening will include:
• Dinner, cocktails and a Q&A in the ballpark’s new, upscale Handlebar at the Riverfront Club presented by Horseshoe Casino Cincinnati
• A commemorative jersey signed by Perez, a Perez statue and a commemorative lapel pin to all guests
• Silent auction featuring autographs and more
• Watch the Reds take on the Arizona Diamondbacks (7:10 p.m.) with a spectacular view of the post-game Rozzi’s fireworks show.
The dinner kicks off “Tony Perez Weekend” at Great American Ball Park, with all proceeds from the event benefitting the Tony Perez statue to be dedicated on Saturday, Aug. 22 at 4:30 p.m.
Tickets are $500 per person and are available through the Reds Hall of Fame & Museum box office at 513-765-7923 and online at RedsMuseum.org.
About the Reds Hall of Fame & Museum:
Driven by a mission to celebrate greatness, preserve history and provide inspiration, the Reds Hall of Fame & Museum is the place where the story of Reds baseball comes alive each day. Established in 1958, the Reds Hall of Fame is the oldest continually operating team Hall of Fame in all of baseball. Since its inception, 85 players, managers and executives have been honored with induction.
The Museum features 15,000 square feet of historical, interactive and educational exhibits, highlighting the rich and storied tradition of the Reds for fans of all ages.
Located next to Great American Ball Park, The Reds Hall of Fame & Museum is open year-round with extended hours on game days.
Plan your visit at http://www.redsmuseum.org or by calling (513) 765-7923.
Buffalo Wild Wings has designated next Wednesday, August 12 Reds Community Fund Day for their Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky locations (14 in all). This means that 10% of the day’s sales will go back to the RCF.
Want to win some cool stuff from Better Off Red Headquarters? Of course you do! Here’s how:
- Follow me on Twitter (@Jamieblog)
- Sometime before the end of tonight’s Reds vs. Padres game in San Diego, tell me via Twitter, what former Reds player you wish was still in his prime and playing on today’s team.
- Use the hashtag #BetterOffRed in your tweet.
- On Tuesday, I’ll announce one random winner.
- The winner will receive a mystery bobblehead, a BOR t-shirt and other goodies.