#REDS MEMORIAL DAY LINEUP
According to Elias, the last time a #Reds pitcher didn't bat 9th in the starting lineup, came on 9/7/33 vs Brooklyn. (Red Lucas batted 7th)
— Jamie Ramsey (@Jamieblog) May 25, 2015
Today I just want to say thank you and honor the men and women that gave the ultimate sacrifice defending our country and freedom! God Bless
— JJ Hoover (@JJ_Hoover) May 25, 2015
Thank you!!! 🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸 pic.twitter.com/0JvZyNLRCU
— Tucker Barnhart (@Tucker_Barnhart) May 25, 2015
— MLB (@MLB) May 25, 2015
From my pal @Bongreatness…
Today is Military Appreciation Day #2 of the 2015 season, presented by DAV & RetireMED iQ. Major League Baseball has issued special jerseys and hats for each team to wear during today’s game. The Reds team game-used jerseys and hats will be available for purchase through the Reds Authentics program.
Please note that at the nearest break in play (in-between batters or inning break) at 3PM local time today we will pause to participate with Major League Baseball in the National Moment of Remembrance. A Memorial Day tradition in baseball, there will be a short PA announcement followed by a Moment of Silence at this time during today’s game.
During pregame ceremonies today we will honor and salute our Armed Forces with activities including:
• In a pregame ceremony the Reds organization will receive the “Seven Seals Award” from the Ohio Committee for Employer Support of the Guard & Reserve (EGSR). The award, which will be accepted by COO Phil Castellini, is in recognition of the Reds organization’s support of programs for active duty military, veterans and military families.
• Offering up a ceremonial first pitch will be a veteran of over 20 years of service, Lieutenant Colonel (ret.) Phil Tilly of the United States Army
• Providing our Honor Guard today will be the United States Navy
• Prior to the singing of our National Anthem we will hold a Moment of Remembrance in honor of Memorial Day which will include the playing of Taps by 33-year veteran of active service in the Marine Corps & US Army, Lieutenant Colonel (ret.) Robert L. White Jr.
• The National Anthem will be performed today by Wright Brass from the United States Air Force Band of Flight
• Delivering today’s official Game Ball will be Sergeant Roletta Goldsby of the US Army
• Serving as today’s Honorary Captain will be 1st Lieutenant Lucas Pace
• During the middle of the 7th inning break today we will be rejoined by Wright Brass for the playing of God Bless America
— All-Star Game (@AllStarGame) May 25, 2015