SCHEDULE OF EVENTS FOR REDS HALL OF FAME INDUCTION WEEKEND
Three days of Hall of Fame activities and events, Aug 8-10
CINCINNATI (Aug. 5, 2014) — The Cincinnati Reds Hall of Fame & Museum has an exciting weekend planned to celebrate the 2014 Hall of Fame Class: Ken Griffey Jr., Dave Parker, Ron Oester and the late Jake Beckley.
Fans can attend meet and greets with new inductees and returning Hall of Famers and alumni on Friday, Saturday and Sunday at the museum. All meet and greet sessions are free with Museum admission. (Players subject to change)
The culmination of the weekend is the star-studded Induction Gala presented by Clark Schaefer Hackett on Sunday evening at the Northern Kentucky Convention Center featuring Reds players and coaches from the 2014 team along with Hall of Famers and alumni to honor the 2014 Inductees. A limited number of Gala tickets are still available at (513) 765-7921.
2014 Reds Hall of Fame Induction Weekend – Full Schedule of Events
Friday, Aug. 8 – Cincinnati Reds vs. Miami Marlins, 7:10 p.m.
• 5 to 7 p.m.: Meet and Greet with Reds Hall of Famers and alumni (photos only, no autographs please)
- 2014 Inductees Ken Griffey Jr., Dave Parker and Ron Oester plus Johnny Bench, Jack Billingham, Tom Browning, Leo Cardenas, Clay Carroll, Eric Davis, George Foster, Cesar Geronimo, Wayne Granger, Ken Griffey Sr., Tommy Helms, Jim Maloney, Lee May, Joe Morgan, Gary Nolan, Jim O’Toole, Tony Perez, Chris Sabo and Mario Soto.
• Over 20 Reds legends, including members of the 2014 Induction Class, will be introduced on the field during post-game ceremonies.
• Fireworks show with soundtrack of Hall of Fame hits, presented by Cooper Tire.
Saturday, Aug. 9 – Cincinnati Reds vs. Miami Marlins, 7:10 p.m.
• 2:30 to 4:30 p.m.: Meet and Greet with Reds Hall of Famers and alumni (photos only, no autographs please)
- 2014 Inductees Ken Griffey Jr., Dave Parker and Ron Oester plus Johnny Bench, Jack Billingham, Tom Browning, Leo Cardenas, Clay Carroll, Sean Casey, David Concepcion, Eric Davis, George Foster, Cesar Geronimo, Wayne Granger, Ken Griffey, Sr., Tommy Helms, Jim Maloney, Lee May, Joe Morgan, Gary Nolan, Jim O’Toole, Tony Perez, Chris Sabo, and Mario Soto.
• Free commemorative print honoring the 2014 Induction Class to all fans in attendance, presented by P&G and Kroger.
• 5:30 to 6 p.m.: Induction Press Conference (GABP Field Level Media Interview Room)
• 6:30 p.m.: Ken Griffey, Jr., Dave Parker, Ron Oester and the late Jake Beckley will be officially inducted into the Reds Hall of Fame during on-field ceremonies. Marty Brennaman will be the master of ceremonies and Griffey Jr., Parker and Oester will address the crowd and throw out ceremonial first pitches.
Sunday, Aug. 10 – Cincinnati Reds vs. Miami Marlins, 1:10 p.m.
• Noon to 1 p.m.: Meet and greet with Reds alumni
- Tom Hume, Dmitri Young and others to be announced
• 5:30 to 10 p.m.: Hall of Fame Induction Gala presented by Clark Schaefer Hackett at the Northern Kentucky Convention Center with remarks by inductees Ken Griffey Jr., Dave Parker and Ron Oester and appearances by Reds Hall of Famers along with players and coaches from the 2014 Reds team.
For full details and updated meet and greet schedules, please visit redsmuseum.org or call (513) 765-7923.
The Reds Hall of Fame & Museum will open early on Saturday, Aug. 9 at 8 a.m. and Sunday, Aug. 10 at 10 a.m.
2014 Hall of Fame Induction Gala Sponsors
• Title Sponsor: Clark Schaefer Hackett
• Presenting Sponsors: The Williams Family, The Castellini Family, Budweiser, Prestige AV & Creative Services, Cincinnati Bell and FOX Sports Ohio.
• Hall of Fame Sponsors: Castellini Group of Companies, CBTS, CEI Sports, Cooper Tire, DeanHouston, Devin Cahn Associates, Dinsmore, General Mills, Green Diamond Gallery, Jeff Wyler Automotive Family, Players for the Planet, PNC, Rawlings and William Lang & Sons.
• Major League Sponsors: AAA/Bob Sumerel Tire & Service, Beacon Orthopaedics & Sports Medicine, Brian Crotty, Cincinnati Belting & Transmission, Deloitte, Duke Realty, First Financial Bank, First Trust, Gorilla Glue, H. Wayne Ferguson Family Foundation, Heidelberg Distributing Company, Holthaus Lackner Signs, Holy Grail Tavern, Impact Direct Marketing, Joseph Automotive Group, Louisville Slugger, MarketVision Research, Moerlein Lager House, MSA, Robert S. Castellini, Robert Lawrence, Rozzi Fireworks, Skyline, The Gendell Family, TQL, UDF and Geoff Smith.