HOMESTAND HIGHLIGHTS • JUNE 3-12 • #REDS VS. GIANTS, PHILLIES, DODGERS
Tuesday, June 3, 2014 – Cincinnati Reds vs. San Francisco Giants, 7:10 p.m.
• Redlegs Run: Winners from the 13th annual Redlegs Run be honored during pregame ceremonies. Over 4,900 runners and walkers participated in the event on May 31 that generated nearly $200,000 for the Reds Community Fund.
Wednesday, June 4, 2014 – Cincinnati Reds vs. San Francisco Giants, 7:10 p.m.
• Aroldis Chapman Bobblehead: The first 25,000 fans will receive an Aroldis Chapman bobblehead, presented by Coca-Cola.
• Cincinnati Zoo Night: Animals from the Cincinnati Zoo & Botanical Gardens will parade around the warning track before the game and be on display in the Kroger Fan Zone from 5:40 p.m. until 6:20 p.m. and from 6:50 p.m. to the end of the first inning. Sam the Bald Eagle will perform a flight from the Cincinnati Bell Technology Pavilion in centerfield to the pitcher’s mound during the National Anthem.
Thursday, June 5, 2014 – Cincinnati Reds vs. San Francisco Giants, 12:35 p.m.
• First Pitch: As part of his celebration of 20 years in Cincinnati, restaurateur Jean-Robert de Cavel will throw out a ceremonial first pitch.
Friday, June 6, 2014 – Cincinnati Reds vs. Philadelphia Phillies, 7:10 p.m.
• Fireworks: Post-game Rozzi’s fireworks show with a “History of Hip Hop” soundtrack, presented by Koorsen Fire & Security.
• Honorary Captain: Reds Hall of Famer Jim O’Toole will serve the Honorary Captain of the game. Fans can get his bobblehead at the Reds Hall of Fame on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays in June, while supplies last.
• First Pitch: Actor, producer and director Don Cheadle, who is in Cincinnati preparing to film “Miles Ahead” (a movie about jazz musician Miles Davis), will throw out a ceremonial first pitch.
Saturday, June 7, 2014 – Cincinnati Reds vs. Philadelphia Phillies, 4:10 p.m.
• Reds Cap: The first 20,000 fans will receive a Reds cap, presented by FOX Sports Ohio.
• Players Favorite Things Basket Raffle: The Reds Wives will be selling $5 raffle tickets for the “Players Favorite Things” basket raffle. Baskets are filled with food and gifts from their home state, gift cards, books and DVDs plus four tickets to an upcoming Reds game and an autographed jersey. Raffle tickets will be sold inside the main gates to GABP starting when gates open at 2:40 p.m. to the end of the 7th inning.
Sunday, June 8, 2014 – Cincinnati Reds vs. Philadelphia Phillies, 1:10 p.m.
• Kids Brandon Phillips Growth Chart: The first 8,000 kids 14 and younger will receive a Brandon Phillips Growth Chart, presented by CollegeAdvantage.
• Play Sun Smart: During pregame ceremonies, children from local Boys and Girls Clubs will deliver sunscreen to the dugouts as part of MLB’s Play Sun Smart campaign. Play Sun Smart is dedicated to preventing skin cancer and promoting early detection and is organized by the American Academy of Dermatology, Major League Baseball and the Major League Baseball Players Association.
• God Bless America: Eighteen-year-old Marlana VanHoose from Denver, Ky. will sing God Bless America during the 7th inning stretch. Marlana is blind, has cerebral palsy and was recently featured on ESPN’s E:60.
Monday, June 9, 2014 – Cincinnati Reds vs. Los Angeles Dodgers, 7:10 p.m.
• Police & Fire Appreciation Night: Many of tonight’s pregame ceremonies will feature members of local Police, Fire, Sheriff and EMT departments including Cincinnati firefighter John Winfrey singing the National Anthem.
Tuesday, June 10, 2014 – Cincinnati Reds vs. Los Angeles Dodgers, 7:10 p.m.
• Joe Nuxhall Print: The first 20,000 fans will receive a print commemorating the 70th anniversary of Joe Nuxhall’s Major League debut with the Reds on June 10, 1944.
• Reds Racing Night with Dale Earnhardt Jr.: The third annual Reds Racing Night presented by Kroger will feature driver Dale Earnhardt Jr. participating in pregame ceremonies. The Kroger Fan Zone will be packed with a collection of racing showcars, displays and simulators. Fans are encouraged to use the hashtag #RedsRacing on Twitter and Instagram to win prizes.
Wednesday, June 11, 2014 – Cincinnati Reds vs. Los Angeles Dodgers, 7:10 p.m.
• Military Appreciation Night: Tonight is the second in a series of Military Appreciation games this season, presented by GovX.com. The Reds are proud to celebrate the United States Army’s 238th birthday with many activities including a giant U.S. flag in the outfield, enlistment recognition ceremony and members of the Army participating in a first pitch, Honorary Captain and National Anthem. Reds players and coaches will debut the new camouflage jerseys.
• Honorary Captain: Buddy LaRosa will serve as Honorary Captain of the Game in celebration of the 60th anniversary of the first LaRosa’s pizzeria in 1954.
Thursday, June 12, 2014 – Cincinnati Reds vs. Los Angeles Dodgers, 12:35 p.m.
• Ryan Freel Award: The family of former Red Ryan Freel will participate in pregame ceremonies and Ryan’s daughters will deliver the Official Game Ball. The Freel Family and the Reds Community Fund partnered to create the “Ryan Freel Award,” given annually to a young person from the Reds Rookie Success League who exhibits the “heart and hustle” characteristics similar to those that Ryan held.
• First Pitch: Professional Bull Riders Brandon Davis and Tyler Kijac will throw out ceremonial first pitches. Brandon and Tyler will compete in the Professional Bull Riders Blue DEF Velocity Tour at U.S. Bank Arena on June 14.
Ticket Offers For This Homestand
• Jay Bruce 32 Crew: Be a part of the new Jay Bruce 32 Crew on Mondays at Great American Ball Park this season. For every Monday Reds home game, fans can buy two lower-level seats for just $32 and receive two exclusive Jay Bruce 32 Crew t-shirts: reds.com/32crew.
• Bowtie Tuesday: For select Tuesday home games fans can purchase tickets for as low as $8, which includes an exclusive Reds bowtie: reds.com/bowtie.
• Reds Wild Wednesday: For every Wednesday home game this season, fans can purchase a package for as low as $19.50 that includes a Terrace Line ticket and a B-Dubs food voucher valid at participating Buffalo Wild Wings locations: reds.com/wild.
• Business Day Special: For every Paycor Business Day Special, get one View Level Line ticket and $10 in concession credits for only $15: reds.com/skipwork.
• Senior Citizen Special: For select games (including June 5th & 12th) fans 60 and older may purchase select non-premium tickets at half-price in advance of game day only. Excludes Dugout Box, All You Can Eat Seats, Outer View Level, Value View and Kroger Bleachers. Presented by Tri-State Centers For Sight: reds.com/seniors.
• Reach Magazine Family Game: Sundays are family days at the ballpark! One member of the family pays full price and may purchase up to three non-premium tickets at half-price in advance of game day only. Excludes Dugout Box, All You Can Eat Seats, Outer View Level, Value View and Kroger Bleachers: reds.com/family.
Reds Hall of Fame & Museum
• Jim O’Toole Bobblehead: The 2014 Reds Hall of Fame Bobblehead Series presented by Dinsmore & Shohl LLP continues in June with Jim O’Toole. Bobbleheads of the Reds HOF pitcher (class of 1970) are free with the purchase of full-price museum admission on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays in June, while supplies last.
• Jim O’Toole – June 6: Jim O’Toole will sign autographs for fans on Friday, June 6 from 4:30 to 6:00 p.m. at the Reds Hall of Fame & Museum. Free with Museum admission.
• Seniors Free at the HOF – June 9: Senior citizens ages 60 and over will receive free admission to the Reds Hall of Fame & Museum on June 9, courtesy of Life Enriching Communities.
Reds In The Community
• Reds Day at the Zoo – June 4: Billy Hamilton, Devin Mesoraco and Donald Lutz will participate in a Q&A session at the Cincinnati Zoo’s Wings of Wonder Theater on Wed., June 4 from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Reds mascots Gapper, Mr. Redlegs, Rosie Red and Mr. Red will meet with fans from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.