REDS 2014 OPENING SERIES ANNOUNCEMENTS
Thanks to Michael “Mando” Anderson…
Opening Day – Monday, March 31 – Reds vs. St. Louis Cardinals, 4:10 pm (gates open at 2:10 pm)
• Opening Day Block Party: The third annual Reds Community Fund Charity Block Party kicks off at 11 am on Joe Nuxhall Way and Freedom Way. Food and beverages will be available for purchase from Budweiser, Coca-Cola, Kroger, LaRosa’s and Queen City Sausage. Admission is free. Live music and entertainment provided by WEBN. All proceeds benefit the P&G Cincinnati MLB Urban Youth Academy.
• 95th Findlay Market Opening Day Parade Grand Marshal: Reds Hall of Famer David Concepción will serve as the Grand Marshal of the 95th annual Findlay Market Opening Day parade, which begins at Noon.
• Ceremonial First Pitches: Reds Hall of Famer David Concepción and Reds and National Baseball Hall of Famer Barry Larkin will throw out simultaneous first pitches.
• National Anthem: Maggie Chapman, Creative Nation recording artist and Rolling Stone “Artist to Watch,” will sing the National Anthem.
• Honorary Captain: Cincinnati Mayor John Cranley will serve as the Honorary Captain of the game.
• Game Ball Delivery: Reds and National Baseball Hall of Famer Joe Morgan will deliver the official Game Ball to the mound during pregame ceremonies.
• Flyover: Two helicopters from the Hamilton County Sheriff’s Aviation Unit will perform a pregame flyover.
• Wounded Hero Recognition: Senator Rob Portman (R-OH) and Rep. Brad Wenstrup (R-OH 2nd District) will participate in a pregame ceremony to honor wounded veterans.
• American Flag: Members of the Cincinnati Fire Department will hold the giant American flag in the outfield during the National Anthem.
• Play Ball: Bob Kevoian from the nationally syndicated Bob & Tom Show radio program will announce “Play Ball” to signal the start of the game.
• God Bless America: Wright Brass, a six-member ensemble from the United States Air Force Band of Flight stationed at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, will perform God Bless America during the seventh inning stretch.
• Hometown Hero: Sgt. Dallas Robinson of the Army National Guard will serve as the Cincinnati Bell Hometown Hero of the game. Sgt. Robinson is a native of Georgetown, Ky. and a member of the 2014 U.S. Olympic bobsled team.
Opening Night – Wednesday, April 2 – Reds vs. St. Louis Cardinals, 7:10 pm (gates open at 5:10 pm)
• Reds in the Fan Zone: Reds players and coaches will walk the red carpet in the Kroger Fan Zone and meet and greet with fans and starting at 5:30 pm. Olympian Nick Goepper, Creative Nation recording artist and Rolling Stone “Artist to Watch” Maggie Chapman, Madison Gesioto (Miss Ohio USA 2014) and Emma Rofkar (Miss Ohio Teen USA 2014) will also walk the red carpet.
• 2014 Reds Calendar: The first 20,000 fans will receive a 2014 Reds Team Calendar, presented by Kroger.
• Ceremonial First Pitch: 2014 Olympic slopestyle bronze medalist Nick Goepper of Lawrenceburg, Ind. will throw out a ceremonial first pitch.
• Gold Glove Award: 2013 Rawlings Gold Glove Award winner Brandon Phillips will receive his award during pregame ceremonies.
• Silver Slugger Award: 2013 NL Louisville Slugger Silver Slugger winner Jay Bruce will receive his award during pregame ceremonies.
• Wilson Defensive Player of the Year: 2013 Wilson Defensive Player of The Year Award winner Jay Bruce will receive his award during pregame ceremonies.
• National Anthem: Local quartet The Mistics will sing the National Anthem.
• Game Ball Delivery: Madison Gesioto (Miss Ohio USA 2014) and Emma Rofkar (Miss Ohio Teen USA 2014) will deliver the official Game Ball to the mound during pregame ceremonies.
• Live Music: 80’s cover band The Rusty Griswolds will perform from a stage on the right field porch during inning breaks and after the game. The band will also serve as the Honorary Captains of the game.
• Postgame Fireworks presented by Coca-Cola: The Rusty Griswolds will play live during the post-game fireworks show featuring Rozzi’s Famous Fireworks.
Thursday, April 3 – Reds vs. St. Louis Cardinals, 12:35 pm (gates open at 11:05 am)
• Honorary Captains: American Authors, an indie-rock band from New York City, will serve as Honorary Captains of the game.
• Business Day Ticket Offer: Come down to GABP for the first Paycor Business Day Special of the 2014 season. For only $15, fans get a View Level Line game ticket and $10 in concession credits. Visit reds.com/skipwork to purchase.