WEDNESDAY’S LINEUPS: WHO’S YOUR ‘RED-TO-ROCK?’
LINEUP CHANGE FOR THE REDS.
Today’s Updated Lineup Sheet ——-> 9-11LineupSheet
Today’s rundown from my pal @Bongreatness…
Today is the second Police & Fire Appreciation Day of the 2013 season, as we join Major League Baseball and the Nation in observing Patriot Day in America, in remembrance of the 9/11/01 terrorist attacks. Some of the events planned for the ballpark include:
• A steel beam from the World Trade Center will be on display in the Fan Zone courtesy of the Cincinnati Fire Museum.
• Great American Ball Park’s American flag will be flown at half-staff in accordance with the nationwide observance of Patriot Day.
• Over 20 soldiers from the 10th Battalion of the Army Reserve Careerist Division will join us on the field prior to the game to reenlistment in the United States Army. Presiding over the reenlistment will be Brigadier General Phillip M. Churn, Commander of the 333rd Military Police Brigade.
• Honor Guards from the Henry County (IN) Sheriff’s Office & Indianapolis Fire Department will present our nation’s colors prior to the singing of the National Anthem by Military Police Officer Jeff Whitacre.
• Today’s official game ball will be delivered to the mound by 18-year veteran of the Kenton County (KY) Police Department and 22-year veteran of the United States Air Force, Senior Master Sergeant Alan Johnson.
• Today’s Honorary Captain will be 28-year veteran of the Hamilton County Sheriff’s Department, Major Charmaine McGuffey.
Finally, please note that Cincinnati Firefighter John Winfrey will lead the crowd in singing God Bless America today in the middle of the 7th inning as part of our observance of Patriot Day.