HOMESTAND HIGHLIGHTS • JULY1-7 • REDS VS. GIANTS AND MARINERS
Cincinnati USA Grand Slam Getaway: Get the biggest bang for your buck on Reds baseball and your favorite family attractions this summer with the Grand Slam Getaway from CincinnatiUSA.com. Plus, book your trip during July 1-7 and receive a free Reds bobblehead with your package. Details at reds.com/grandslam.
Monday, July 1, 2013 – Cincinnati Reds vs. San Francisco Giants, 7:10 p.m.
• Xavier Night: Over 1,000 students, faculty, staff and alumni from Xavier University will be in attendance and participate in a pregame parade for the annual Xavier Night at the ballpark. XU basketball coaches Chris Mack and Amy Waugh will serve as the Honorary Captains of the game and sign autographs pregame in the Kroger Fan Zone. Members of the Xavier baseball team will sing “Take Me Out to the Ball Game” during the seventh-inning stretch. Xavier Night is in celebration of the school’s first official day in the new Big East Conference.
Tuesday, July 2, 2013 – Cincinnati Reds vs. San Francisco Giants, 7:10 p.m.
• UC Clermont Baseball Team: The UC Clermont Cougars baseball team will be honored during pregame ceremonies for winning the U.S. Collegiate Athletic Association Baseball National Championship. The Cougars beat the Penn State Greater Allegheny Nittany Lions on May 9 to clinch the 2013 Small College World Series.
Wednesday, July 3, 2013 – Cincinnati Reds vs. San Francisco Giants, 7:10 p.m.
• Todd Frazier Bobblehead: The first 30,000 fans will receive a Todd Frazier Bobblehead, presented by The Ohio Lottery.
• Postgame Fireworks: Rozzi’s fireworks show set to an Independence Day-themed soundtrack will start approximately 15 minutes after the end of the game, brought to you by the Grand Slam Getaway at CincinnatiUSA.com.
• Bald Eagle Flight: Sam the Bald Eagle from the Cincinnati Zoo will perform a flight from the Cincinnati Bell Technology Pavilion in center field to the pitcher’s mound during the National Anthem.
Thursday, July 4, 2013 – Cincinnati Reds vs. San Francisco Giants, 1:10 p.m.
• Stars and Stripes Caps: Players and coaches from both teams will be wearing New Era’s “Stars and Stripes” caps to celebrate the Fourth of July.
• Independence Day Ceremonies: Many of the pregame ceremonies will salute and honor our Nation’s military.
• Reds Family Game: Prior to gates opening, Reds players and their families will participate in the annual Reds Family Game from 10:30 to 11 a.m.
• Hall of Fame Vintage Game: See baseball the way it was played in 1869 at the annual Reds Vintage Game from 11:50 a.m. to 12:20 p.m. The Cincinnati Red Stockings play the Cincinnati Buckeyes in a three inning game using 1869 rules.
• All-Star Voting Ends: Online voting for the 2013 MLB All-Star Game ends July 4 at 11:59 p.m. ET. Fans can vote up to 35 times per email address at reds.com/vote.
Friday, July 5, 2013 – Cincinnati Reds vs. Seattle Mariners, 7:10 p.m.
• Fireworks Friday: Rozzi’s fireworks show featuring a soundtrack picked by Dusty Baker and his son Darren will start approximately 15 minutes after the end of the game, presented by PNC Bank.
• Dusty Days: As part of the Dusty Days celebration this season, a group of listeners and on air personalities from WIZ 101.1 FM will be at the ballpark. Now in its third year, Dusty Days celebrates the multicultural heritage of our region.
Saturday, July 6, 2013 – Cincinnati Reds vs. Seattle Mariners, 4:10 p.m.
• Jay Bruce T-shirt: The first 20,000 fans will receive a #32 Jay Bruce patriotic-themed Reds t-shirt, presented by Reds Cherry Ice.
• Alice Cooper: Rock ‘n roll musician Alice Cooper will throw out a ceremonial first pitch. Cooper is performing at the Horseshoe Casino Cincinnati on Sunday, July 7.
Sunday, July 7, 2013 – Cincinnati Reds vs. Seattle Mariners, 1:10 p.m.
• Kids Reds Cap: As part of family day at the ballpark, the first 8,000 kids 14 and younger will receive a kid-sized Reds cap, presented by Delta Air Lines.
• Reds Heads Parade: Over 500 members of the Reds Heads Kids Club, the official kids club of the Reds, will participate in a pregame parade.
• Reach Magazine Family Days: Sundays are family days at the ballpark. One member of the family pays full price and may purchase up to three non-premium tickets at half-price in advance of game day only. Excludes Outer View Level and Kroger Bleachers.
Reds Hall of Fame & Museum
• Ted Kluszewski Sculpture: The Reds Hall of Fame & Museum’s Signature Sculpture Series presented by Dinsmore & Shohl LLP continues in July with Ted Kluszewski. Sculptures of the Reds Hall of Fame first baseman are free with full-price paid admission to the museum on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays in July, while supplies last. Only 6,000 are available and a limit of one sculpture per paid admission per day. Additionally, Kluszewski’s widow, Eleanor, will meet and greet with fans on Sunday, July 7 from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. The meet and greet is free with museum admission.
• Maloney and Edwards Autograph Signing – July 6: Meet and receive autographs from Reds Hall of Fame pitcher Jim Maloney and Gold Glove catcher Johnny Edwards on Saturday, July 6 from 1:30 to 3:30 p.m. The autograph signing is free with museum admission. Limit one autograph per player per visitor.
• Baseball Brunch with Maloney and Edwards – July 7: Reds HOF & Museum is hosting a special pregame brunch in the Riverfront Club on Sunday, July 7 featuring Reds Hall of Fame pitcher Jim Maloney and catcher Johnny Edwards. Tickets include brunch buffet, Q&A with Maloney and Edwards, meet and greet and an autographed photo. For more information and to order tickets call 513-765-7921 or visit redsmuseum.org.
Reds Community Fund
• Urban Youth Academy Groundbreaking – July 2: The groundbreaking ceremony for the P&G Cincinnati MLB Urban Youth Academy is scheduled for Tuesday, July 2 at 10:30 a.m. at Roselawn Park, located at 2026 E. Seymour Ave, Cincinnati, OH 45237.
• Family Catch – July 7: It’s not too late to sign up for the Family Catch, the opportunity to play catch on the field after the July 7 Reds vs. Mariners game. Details at reds.com/catch.
• Ultimate Autograph Experience – July 18: Reserve your spot now to be one of only 300 fans to meet the 2013 Reds players and coaches as you collect their signatures on your very own keepsake baseball, bat or jersey as part of the inaugural Reds Ultimate Autograph Experience on Thursday, July 18. Details at reds.com/autograph.