MEMORIAL DAY LINEUP: WHO’S YOUR ‘RED-TO-ROCK?’
From my pal @Bongreatness…
During pregame ceremonies and throughout the game today we will celebrate and honor our Nation’s Armed Forces on the Memorial Day holiday. Pregame activities today include:
• A ceremony honoring members of the Tuskegee Airmen
• A ceremonial first pitch thrown out by (retired) Gunnery Sergeant Samuel Deeds (Marines Corps vet who served in Iraq)
o For more information on Deeds: http://bangordailynews.com/2013/05/23/sports/decorated-howland-war-hero-samuel-deeds-finalist-for-nascar-honor/
• Honor Guard provided by the United States Navy
• Active Duty units of the United States Navy standing in the outfield warning track during the singing of our National Anthem
• The National Anthem will be sung by CS2 Nicholas Gagner of the United States Navy
• Game Ball Delivery by (retired) Lt. Col. Robert R. Adams (Air Force pilot for 20 years, including tours in Vietnam)
• Today’s Honorary Captain will be Lincoln Ware, local radio personality and Marines Corps veteran
Both of our teams today will be wearing special camouflage hats & jerseys with camouflage lettering in honor of Memorial Day. Sales of the caps and game worn jerseys will be donated to Welcome Back Veterans.
Today’s Hometown Hero, who will be honored during the middle of the 2nd inning break, will be Sr. Airman Nathan Reiser, a veteran of multiple deployments to Afghanistan.
Technical Sergeant Felita LaRock (Fuh-lee-ta La-rock) will lead the crowd in the singing of God Bless America during the middle of the 7th inning break. TSGT LaRock is a member of the Air Force Band of Flight out of Wright Patterson Air Force Base.
Finally, at approximately 3PM today we will pause the game to join the nation and the rest of Major League Baseball in observing the National Moment of Remembrance. During this pause in the game we will play the National Moment of Remembrance video and then join in a moment of silence as we reflect on the lives lost from those serving in our United States Armed Forces.