THE REDS’ #42 JERSEYS; HOMESTAND HIGHLIGHTS
Homestand Highlights • April 15-21 • Reds vs. Phillies, Marlins and Cubs
Monday, April 15, 2013 – Cincinnati Reds vs. Philadelphia Phillies, 7:10 p.m.
• Jackie Robinson Day: The Reds and MLB celebrate Jackie Robinson Day on April 15 to honor the
legacy of the legendary Hall of Famer and, for the fifth consecutive year, all players and on-field personnel
will wear Number 42. The annual celebration commemorates the 66th anniversary of Robinson breaking
Baseball’s color barrier in 1947. Pregame ceremonies will honor individuals that represent the spirit and
leadership of one of baseball’s greatest heroes.
• Honorary Captain: “Slick” Willie Shaw of the Harlem Globetrotters is the Honorary Captain of today’s
Tuesday, April 16, 2013 – Cincinnati Reds vs. Philadelphia Phillies, 7:10 p.m.
• Brian Wilson Ceremonies: The family of former Reds scout Brian Wilson will be honored during
pregame ceremonies and will deliver the official game ball.
• Bark in the Park: Over 600 dogs and their owners will be at the ballpark tonight for the *sold out* Bark
in the Park, presented by Iams and Kroger. Free Reds “basebowl” mat to the first 5,000 pet owners. Dog
tickets for tonight are sold out, but fans can purchase dog tickets for the next Bark in the Park on Sept.
Wednesday, April 17, 2013 – Cincinnati Reds vs. Philadelphia Phillies, 7:10 p.m.
• Larkin & Boone First Pitches: Hall of Famer Barry Larkin and former Reds infielder Aaron Boone will
throw out simultaneous first pitches. Larkin and Boone are analysts on the crew of ESPN’s Wednesday
Night Baseball broadcast of tonight’s game.
Thursday, April 18, 2013 – Cincinnati Reds vs. Miami Marlins, 7:10 p.m.
• 4 for $48 Ticket Offer: For any of the four games during the Marlins series April 18-21, for just $48 fans
can buy four View Level tickets and receive four vouchers each good for an order of boneless wings at
participating Buffalo Wild Wings: http://www.reds.com/4for48.
Friday, April 19, 2013 – Cincinnati Reds vs. Miami Marlins, 7:10 p.m.
• Fireworks Friday: Rozzi’s fireworks show will start approximately 15 minutes after the end of the game,
presented by Coca-Cola.
• UC Night: University of Cincinnati head football coach Tommy Tuberville will throw out a ceremonial first
pitch as part of the annual UC Night at Great American Ball Park.
Saturday, April 20, 2013 – Cincinnati Reds vs. Miami Marlins, 1:10 p.m.
• Brandon Phillips Bobblehead: The first 30,000 fans will receive a Brandon Phillips bobblehead,
presented by PNC Bank.
• Rawly Eastwick Autograph Session: Rawly Eastwick, relief pitching ace for the Big Red Machine,
will sign autographs for fans at the Reds Hall of Fame & Museum from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. The
autograph signing is free with museum admission.
Sunday, April 21, 2013 – Cincinnati Reds vs. Miami Marlins, 1:10 p.m.
• Kids Sports Band Giveaway: As part of Family Day at the ballpark, free hologram wristband to the first
8,000 kids 14 and younger, presented by Tire Discounters.
• Reds Futures High School Showcase: Players and coaches from 66 schools that participated in the
second annual Reds Futures High School Showcase presented by PNC will be featured in a “March at
the Majors” pregame parade. MVP’s from each of the games played in March and April will be recognized
on field during pregame ceremonies.
• Reach Magazine Sunday Family Days: Sundays are family days at the ballpark! One member of the
family pays full price and may purchase up to three non-premium tickets at half-price in advance of game
day only. Excludes Outer View Level and Kroger Bleachers.
• Reds HOF Baseball Brunch: Reds HOF & Museum is hosting a special brunch in the Riverfront Club
starting at 10:45 a.m. featuring Rawly Eastwick, a relief pitching ace on the Big Red Machine teams.
Tickets include brunch buffet, Q&A with Rawly, meet and greet, autographed photo and a Field Box ticket
to today’s game. For more information and to order tickets call 513-765-7921 or visit redsmuseum.org.
Monday, April 22, 2013 – Cincinnati Reds vs. Chicago Cubs, 7:10 p.m.
Monday, April 23, 2013 – Cincinnati Reds vs. Chicago Cubs, 7:10 p.m.
Monday, April 24, 2013 – Cincinnati Reds vs. Chicago Cubs, 12:35 p.m.
• $5 Tickets: Tickets start as low as $5 for the three Reds vs. Cubs games. In advance of game day only
at the Great American Ball Park ticket windows. (Limited quantities available, while supplies last.)
Reds In the Community
• Brian Wilson Field Dedication: The dedication of Brian Wilson Field in Clermont County is scheduled
for Tuesday, April 16 at 11:30 a.m. The field was underwritten by Jay Bruce in memory of his friend and
former Reds scout.
• PNC/Players for the Planet E-Waste Recycling Drives: PNC, The Cincinnati Reds and Players For
The Planet are joining forces again with Cohen Recycling and many of Cincinnati’s leading corporations
for the 4th annual PNC/Players For The Planet E-Waste Recycling Drives on April 19-21, 2013.
*Friday, April 19, 2013 – 7 a.m. to 5 p.m
- PNC Bank, Anderson Town Center Branch, 7500 Beechmont Ave. **Jay Bruce, Ryan Hanigan and Marty
Brennaman will greet recyclers from 11 a.m. to Noon. (No autographs, please)
*Saturday, April 20, 2013 – 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- PNC Bank, Glenway Crossing Branch, 5535 Glenway Ave.
- PNC Bank, Hyde Park Branch, 3740 Paxton Road **Reds Hall of Famer George Foster will greet recyclers
from Noon to 1 p.m.
*Sunday, April 21, 2013 – 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Kroger Marketplace Newport, 130 Pavilion Parkway, Newport, KY 41071
Players For The Planet will accept televisions, radios, VCRs, computer monitors, personal computers, hard
drives and many other electronics. For a full list of acceptable items, please visit: http://www.cohenusa.com/reds.
Here are a few photos of tonight’s Reds’ #42 jerseys, courtesy of Jon “Moonshine” Cline….
Bernie Stowe, pictured above, used to put Robinson’s and Robinson’s teammates jerseys in their locker when the Dodgers played in Cincinnati. Cool stuff, huh?
More in a bit.
Thoughts, prayers and positive vibes to those in Boston…