IT’S A GOODYEAR TO BE A #REDS FAN
For those of you who’ve been following my Twitter account (@Jamieblog), you’ve probably noticed that I’ve been tweeting the “Todd Frazier Photo of the Day.” Well, it’s time for that feature to move over here to Better Off Red. Beginning today and through the rest of the Cactus League schedule, a hilarious new photo of Todd will be posted here on the blog…
I know it’s Spring Training, but a few things from yesterday’s game that should give Reds fans confidence going into the regular season…
- The Reds walked a batter yesterday for the first time in 29 innings. They’ve issued just 6 walks over the past 5 games.
- Michael Morse’s home run off Homer Bailey was the first round-tripper allowed by a Reds starting pitcher this Spring. Mat Latos gave one up in the game against Team Canada, but that was considered an “exhibition” and those stats aren’t recognized. (author’s note: The fight between Apollo Creed and Ivan Drago was also supposed to be an exhibition, but we know how that turned out.)
- Devin Mesoraco had another hit yesterday and is currently hitting .474 (.524obp/.895slg) with 10 RBI in 12 games (9-for-19)
- Chris Heisey is starting to heat up. He had two more hits yesterday.
- Bailey gave up 3 runs in 4.0 innings. The 2-run homer from Morse was the lone blemish on his otherwise solid pitching line.
- What adds to the impressiveness of Reds starters not giving up home runs is that the Cactus League is known as a home run league.
A couple of more photos from yesterday…
The Reds tonight take on the Rockies at Goodyear Ballpark. Johnny Cueto will oppose Jeff Francis. First pitch is scheduled for 10:05pm ET and you can listen live on MLB GameDay Audio (see Reds.com).
I’ll have some more stuff in a bit.
Expect good news