FRAZIER VIDEO; REDSFEST HIGHLIGHTS
MUST SEE: You folks have to check out THIS video from ESPN showing Todd Frazier helping out with the Hurricane Sandy relief efforts. This footage will also air on tonight’s edition of ESPN’s Baseball Tonight.
I just returned from the Reds executive suite here at the Opryland Hotel in Nashville. Reds baseball operations executives, including GM Walt Jocketty are working dilligently on finding ways to improve the club while here at the Winter Meetings.
Redsfest Highlights • Dec. 7-8, 2012
More than 60 current and former Reds players, coaches and broadcasters scheduled to appear
FOX Sports Ohio Redsfest presented by PNC at The Duke Energy Convention Center
• Friday, Dec. 7 from 3 to 10:30 p.m. (opening one hour earlier this year)
• Saturday, Dec. 8 from 11 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
Tickets are on sale now at reds.com, by phone at (513) 381-REDS, at the Great American Ball Park box office and at select Kroger stores with Ticketmaster retail outlets. Tickets also available at Redsfest starting Friday at Noon and Saturday at 9 a.m.
• 2-day tickets are $25 for adults; $12 for kids (12 and younger)
• 1-day tickets are $17 for adults; $7 for kids
• Children three and under are admitted free
• With paid two-day admission, fans receive one free View Level ticket to the Reds vs. Angels Opening Night game on Wednesday, April 3, 2013 at Great American Ball Park, subject to availability.
• The first 10,000 fans each day will receive a free Reds winter headband and drawstring backpack.
• Redsfest has grown to over 250,000 square feet of activities, including autograph and photo booths with current and former Reds players, interactive games for fans of all ages, hard-to-find memorabilia and much more.
• New this year: Redsfest is expanding to the third floor of the Duke Energy Convention Center to create a bigger and better Reds Heads Fun Zone for kids of all ages featuring photo opportunities with Santa, bounce house, trampolines, kids story time, arcade games, an additional Reds Heads Kids Club area and more.
Current and Former Players at Redsfest
• More than 60 current and former Reds players, coaches and broadcasters are scheduled to appear including Brandon Phillips, Joey Votto (Friday only), Bronson Arroyo, Todd Frazier (Friday only), Aroldis Chapman, Johnny Cueto and Mat Latos along with Reds alumni such as Tom Browning, Eric Davis and Dave Parker and 2011 Minor League Player of the Year Billy Hamilton. The full list of confirmed attendees is at reds.com/redsfest.
Autograph and Photograph Sessions
• Over 100 player autograph sessions and player photograph sessions are free of charge with a Redsfest general admission ticket. There are three types of main floor autographs: general public, season ticket holders and kids-only. For each autograph session, the player will sign for 225 people. The photograph sessions will be open for 50 minutes each. The autograph/photograph schedule will be announced 30 minutes prior to the start of each session on the TVs throughout Redsfest and on the Reds official twitter account @Reds.
Main Stage Highlights
• 5:30 p.m. – Introduction of the Reds players past and present
• 6:30 p.m. – Kids-only Press Conference presented by GEARUP
• 7:30 p.m. – 2012 Team Awards Presentation
• 8:10 p.m. – Hot Stove Report presented by FOX Sports Ohio
• 9:15 p.m. – Live music featuring Lost Wax presented by Coca-Cola
• 11:45 a.m. – Hot Stove Report presented by FOX Sports Ohio
• 12:30 p.m. – Reds Alumni Bull Session presented by Majestic
• 1:30 p.m. – Kids-only Press Conference presented by GEARUP
• 2:40 p.m. – Reds Family Feud presented by Nike
• 4 p.m. – Reds Name That Tune presented by New Era
• 5:15 p.m. – Bronson Arroyo Concert presented by Kroger
@Reds Connect Zone & Social Media at #Redsfest
• Stop by the new “Reds Connect Zone” for online chats, games and contests. See player interviews with Reds on Radio network affiliates and meet bloggers Jamie Ramsey (“Better Off Red”) and Dallas Latos (“So I Married a Baseball Player”). Follow the @reds on Twitter and receive updates all weekend on which players will be in the autograph and photograph booths 30 minutes advance of each session. Fans can use the hashtag #Redsfest when tweeting from Redsfest.
Redsfest Mobile Text Alerts
• Text REDSFEST to 66128 to receive Redsfest updates on your phone during the two-day event.
Reds Heads Kids Club
• The 2013 Reds Heads Kids Club membership will be for sale at Redsfest. The $25 Reds Heads merchandise kit makes a great holiday gift for children ages 14 and younger, which includes vouchers for free Reds tickets and exclusive club gear. A special Reds Heads gift (Reds Spirit Hair) will be included in memberships purchased at Redsfest, while supplies last.
Chapman Pick-6 Ticketing Plan presented by McDonald’s
• Redsfest will be the first opportunity for fans to purchase the new Chapman Pick-6 Plan. The plan includes a guaranteed bobblehead to Aroldis Chapman Bobblehead Night (Saturday, May 11 vs. Brewers) plus pick five additional regular season games excluding Opening Day. Save up to 33% with plans starting as low as $60!
• The seventh annual Reds Community Fund Celebrity Texas Hold ‘Em Tournament takes is Saturday at 3 p.m. The winner takes home a guaranteed $10,000 grand prize. A limited number of entries remain at $200 per person by calling (513) 765-7240.
Reds Merchandise and Memorabilia
• Don’t forget to stop by the Reds merchandise booth for all the newest official Reds apparel. Fans can purchase authenticated, game used and autographed memorabilia from all of your favorite current Reds players straight from the clubhouse. From baseball cards and photos to hard-to-find collectibles, there’s a piece of memorabilia for every Reds fan.
All proceeds from Redsfest benefit the baseball-themed outreach programs of the Reds Community Fund.