MR. PERFECT AND NICK LACHEY TO APPEAR DURING TUESDAY’S PREGAME FESTIVITIES
Tom Browning to throw out first pitch & Nick Lachey to sing
National Anthem before NLDS Game 3
CINCINNATI (Oct. 8, 2012) – Reds Hall of Famer Tom Browning will throw out the ceremonial first pitch prior to the Tuesday, Oct. 9 Reds vs. San Francisco Giants National League Division Series Game 3 at Great American Ball Park.
Ballpark gates open at 3:37 p.m. for all fans, full team introductions on the field will be at 5:15 p.m. and the first pitch is scheduled for 5:37 p.m.
A member of the 1990 World Championship team, “Mr. Perfect” was inducted into the Reds Hall of Fame in 2006. His perfect game on Sept. 16, 1988 is the only one in Reds history and stood as the most recent no-hitter in team history until Homer Bailey’s gem on Sept. 28 in Pittsburgh.
Fans should use game tickets marked NATIONAL LEAGUE DIVISION SERIES “HOME GAME 1” for Tuesday’s game.
All fans will receive a Let’s Go Reds rally towel, courtesy of Cincinnati Bell, Horseshoe Casino, Kroger, Homemade Brand Ice Cream/UDF and P&G. When the Reds are at the plate…wave your rally towel! When the Reds take the field…make some noise but it’s a no towel zone.
Highlights of NLDS Game 3 will include:
• Cincinnati native singer, songwriter, actor, producer and television personality Nick Lachey will sing the National Anthem.
• Cincinnati jazz musician Kathy Wade will lead the crowd in singing God Bless America during the middle of the 7th inning stretch.
• There will be a video salute to pitcher Homer Bailey and catcher Ryan Hanigan in recognition of the 15th no-hitter in Reds history on Sept. 28.
• The world-famous Budweiser Clydesdales will be a part of the pregame ceremonies.
• US Army Infantryman Kevin Sauriol will deliver the official game ball and US Army Sergeant First Class Jeremiah Minor will be honored as the Cincinnati Bell Hometown Hero of the game.
• Funky G & the Groove Machine will perform in the Fan Zone leading up to pregame ceremonies.
Reds Hall of Fame & Museum
• “Clinch Night” exhibit: Fans should check out the special “Clinch Night” exhibit at the Reds Hall of Fame & Museum. Game-worn jerseys, champagne bottles from the celebration and a game-used First Base from the final out of the 2012 National League Central Division clinching win over the Dodgers are on display in the Great Teams Room.
• Members Only: Reds Hall of Fame & Museum members are invited to visit the Hall before the start of today’s game for a chance to win a signed Dave Parker autographed baseball.
Reds Community Fund
• Split the Pot: Support the Reds Community Fund by purchasing Split The Pot tickets. The $2 tickets will be available at the Reds Community Corner located on the main concourse level behind section 120 (near Gapper’s Alley) or at a new Split the Pot kiosk located on the View Level behind section 420. Tickets can also be purchased from volunteers who will be canvassing the ballpark throughout the game. Fans can purchase tickets from the time gates open until the middle of the seventh inning.
• Reds Authentics: Visit the Reds Authentics booth on the Third Base concourse for official MLB authenticated game-used jerseys, bats, hats, balls, clubhouse memorabilia and autographed items. All proceeds from the sale of Reds Authentic items benefit the Reds Community Fund.