TONIGHT’S PREGAME EVENTS AND REMEMBRANCES
From my colleague Michael “Mando” Anderson…
The following events and remembrances are scheduled for the Tuesday, Sept 11th Reds vs. Pirates game at Great American Ball Park:
– The US Army 101st Airborne Division Air Assault team from Fort Campbell will perform a pregame parachute demonstration, landing in the outfield grass of GABP starting at 6:40PM.
– The Hamilton County Sheriff’s Department Pipe & Bag Corps will perform on Crosley Terrace prior to the game.
– Representing the Cincinnati Police Department for a ceremonial first pitch will be retired Assistant Chief of Police Richard Janke.
– Representing the Cincinnati Fire Department for a ceremonial first pitch will be Assistant Fire Chief of Human Resources Roy Winston.
– The Ford “Oval of Honor” will salute over 20 heroes of our Armed Forces with a pregame ceremony. Included in this group will be Army E-6 Terrance Gragston, a veteran of the War in Iraq, who will also offer up a ceremonial first pitch.
– Glasgow (KY) Fire Chief Tony Atwood will serve as the Honorary Captain of the game.
– Honor Guards will be provided by the Union Township Police Department & Ashland (KY) Fire Department.
– A Moment of Silence will be held for all fallen members of our Armed Forces, Police, Fire & EMS departments.
– The National Anthem will be sung by Hamilton County Sheriff Court Service Officer James Whitacre.
– God Bless America will be played on trumpet during the middle of the 7th inning break by local musician Jordan Woodie.
– The Fan Zone will have a display from the Cincinnati Fire Museum, which is a piece of a steel beam from the World Trade Center, as well as the Lima Company Memorial, a traveling exhibit that remembers the lives of Lima Company, one of the most decorated units from the wars in Iraq & Afghanistan.