REDS & BENGALS CO-PROMOTION
Reds & Bengals co-promote four dates fans can see the ultimate Cincinnati sports doubleheader
CINCINNATI (July 18, 2012) — This August as the Reds continue their push towards the MLB postseason and the Bengals prepare for their 2012 campaign by hosting training camp at Paul Brown Stadium for the first time ever, the Cincinnati riverfront will become a summer destination spot for fans of both teams.
Fans can take in practice with the Bengals, enjoy all the great restaurants at The Banks entertainment district and the outdoor fun at the Smale Riverfront Park, park your car in the fully-open Banks Garage and root the Redlegs on towards a division title.
Fans can enjoy a Cincinnati sports doubleheader featuring a Reds home game and a Bengals practice in the same day:
Thursday, August 2
• Reds vs. San Diego Padres at Great American Ball Park (12:35 p.m.)
• Bengals Practice at Paul Brown Stadium (6 p.m.)
Saturday, August 4
• Bengals Intrasquad Scrimmage at Paul Brown Stadium (3 p.m.)
• Reds vs. Pittsburgh Pirates at Great American Ball Park (7:10 p.m.)
Sunday, August 5
• Reds vs. Pittsburgh Pirates at Great American Ball Park (1:10 p.m.)
• Bengals Black/White Mock Game at Paul Brown Stadium (6 p.m.)
Sunday, August 19
• Reds vs. Chicago Cubs at Great American Ball Park (1:10 p.m.)
• Bengals Practice at Paul Brown Stadium (4 p.m.)
“There is nothing better than seeing your favorite sports teams live and in person and for the first time ever you can watch Bengals training camp in Cincinnati and take in a Reds game on the same day,” said Phil Castellini, Reds Chief Operating Officer.
“We are thrilled to offer training camp in downtown Cincinnati for the first time ever, and to give local sports fans the opportunity to cheer for the Reds and Bengals on the same day,” said Jeff Berding, Director of Sales and Public Affairs. “The practices on these promotional days will be in the stadium to accommodate large crowds and have been scheduled to avoid any conflicts with the Reds games. We are Reds fans, and are excited to work together with this very cool promotion.”
Coming soon to local businesses throughout Greater Cincinnati are the new Bengals/Reds Promotional Posters featuring a Reds and Bengals player on each:
• Cincinnati’s Best Hands: A.J. Green & Brandon Phillips
• Cincinnati’s Hardest Hitters: Rey Maualuga & Jay Bruce
• Cincinnati’s Top Guns: Andy Dalton & Aroldis Chapman
Several Bengals players will participate in on-field ceremonies prior to the Reds vs. Arizona Diamondbacks game tonight including Rey Maualuga throwing out a ceremonial first pitch to Jay Bruce.
For more information on the Bengals practices & Reds games that you can enjoy for your hometown doubleheader, please visit Bengals.com and Reds.com.