HOMESTAND HIGHLIGHTS: JULY 1-3, 2011
Homestand Highlights • July 1-3, 2011
Friday, July 1 – Cincinnati Reds vs. Cleveland Indians, 7:10pm – Ohio Cup Series presented by The Ohio Lottery
• Reds, White and Blue Fireworks Show: Extended post-game fireworks show featuring a soundtrack of Hall of Fame rock legends, starting approximately 15 minutes after the end of the game, presented by PNC.
• Free Agent Friday: Kick off your weekends in the Fan Zone with pregame happy hour drink specials, singles mixers, music and a wing-eating contest with Mo Egger from ESPN 1530. Presented by Mynt Martini.
• Cincinnati Zoo Bald Eagle Flights: “Sam” the Bald Eagle from the Cincinnati Zoo & Botanical Garden will perform a flight from the roof of the Cincinnati Bell Technology Pavilion in center field to the pitcher’s mound during the singing of the national anthem. Limited-edition “Sam” the Bald Eagle trading cards will be given out to the first 10,000 fans.
• Here’s to our Heroes: Petty Officer 1st Class Brian Farley, a 15-year veteran of the US Navy, will be honored tonight as part of Budweiser’s “Here’s to our Heroes” military salute program.
• Ohio Cup: The Ohio Cup trophy will be displayed on the field during pregame ceremonies. The Reds must sweep the Indians to retain the coveted Ohio Cup.
• Dayton Dragons: In celebration of The Dayton Dragons breaking the professional sports record of 814 consecutive sellouts on July 9 at Fifth Third Field, Dragons GM Gary Mayse will throw out a first pitch and video tributes from Reds players will be played throughout the game.
• Reds Tweet Up: Over 250 fans are attending tonight’s second annual Reds Tweet Up. The fans will sit as a group in the section 136, watch batting practice and receive a limited-edition t-shirt. Reds Twitter Fans will also have the opportunity to mingle with many celebrity tweeters and bloggers that will be on hand to participate in the night’s festivities.
Saturday, July 2 – Cincinnati Reds vs. Cleveland Indians, 4:10pm (gates open at 2:20) – Ohio Cup Series presented by The Ohio Lottery
• Dusty Baker Bobblehead: Free bobblehead of the Reds manager featuring a toothpick holder to the first 30,000 fans, presented by The Ohio Lottery.
• Dusty Days: In celebration of Manager Dusty Baker, the Reds are spicing up Great American Ball Park with a unique vibe to bring the flavors and rhythms of the region to life. Circus performers will be on Crosley Terrace before the game and the food bars on the first and third base concourses and View Level will feature international food and beers. 400 fans will participate in the pregame parade around the field.
• Here’s to our Heroes: Representatives from the City of Union (KY) Adopt-a-Unit Program will be honored tonight as part of Budweiser’s “Here’s to our Heroes” military salute program.
• Battle of the Ballpark Mustard: Fans can participate in a taste test between Uncle Phil’s Mustard, the official mustard of the Reds, and Bertman’s Ballpark Mustard, the Cleveland Indians stadium mustard, in a battle of the ballpark mustards. (Located on the third base concourse.)
Sunday, July 3 – Cincinnati Reds vs. Cleveland Indians, 1:10pm – Ohio Cup Series presented by The Ohio Lottery
• Bronson Arroyo Plush Doll: The first 10,000 kids 14 and younger will receive a free Bronson Arroyo plush doll, presented by New York Life.
• Harvey Haddix Award: Throwing out the first pitch is Clark Henson from Urbana High School. He’s the recipient of the 2011 Harvey Haddix Memorial Sportsmanship Award. Haddix was the first Reds pitcher to win a Gold Glove in 1958. Since his death in 1994, the Urbana Daily Citizen newspaper and the Haddix family have annually presented the Harvey Haddix Memorial Sportsmanship Award to a worthy high school baseball player from Champaign County, Ohio. Reds broadcaster Chris Welsh will present the award during pregame ceremonies.
• Aaron’s Aces by Jay Bruce: Jay Bruce is carrying on the tradition of honoring local military families by continuing the Aaron’s Aces ticket program created by former teammate and friend Aaron Harang. Jay sponsors a group in the Sun Deck for each Sunday home game. Guests get a ticket to the game, a custom camouflage Jay Bruce cap and will be recognized during the game on the big screen.
• Here’s to our Heroes: Senior Paralegal NCO Michael Waskewich, an 11-year Army veteran, will be honored today as part of Budweiser’s “Here’s to our Heroes” military salute program.
Reds Hall of Fame & Museum: The third in a series of five Johnny Bench collectible bobbleheads is now available free with full-price paid admission to the Reds Hall of Fame & Museum on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays in July while supplies last, presented by Dinsmore and Shohl LLP. The third bobblehead depicts Bench in his catching gear in 1983, the last of his 17 seasons with the Reds.
Reds Community Fund: The fifth annual Reds Community Fund Summer Wiffle® Classic is back on Saturday, August 6 at the Mason Sports Park. This is the premier Wiffle® tournament in the Midwest. Teams from all over the region (and the country) will compete for a championship, while qualifying for the Redsfest tournament in December. More info at reds.com/summerwiffle.
Kroger Meal Deal: $7 Kroger Meal Deal this homestand: Hot dog, 16 oz. Coke, bag of Mike-sell’s chips and Cheez-It crackers.
Mr. Red’s Smokehouse: The featured menu item this homestand at Mr. Red’s Smokehouse is polish sausage and sauerkraut.