PARTY LIKE IT’S 1944
From my colleague Michael Anderson…
On Wednesday, June 15, the Reds will be wearing 1944 uniforms when they play the Dodgers in LA.
- The Los Angeles Dodgers are wearing 1940s uniforms at six mid-week day games this season….and so are their opponents.
– The 1940s jersey was the winner of a fan vote deciding which retro jersey the Dodgers would wear this season.
– According to Uni-Watch, the jerseys they wore on April 21 and May 4 were made by a local uniform manufacturer in SoCal: http://www.uni-watch.com/2011/05/03/uni-watch-profiles-bob-halfacre/
– The uniforms the Reds are wearing are from Majestic
– Back in 1944, the Reds wore a blue hat with a red brim, blue & red socks and a blue undershirt.
Click here to see the 1944 uniforms
We’ll also have more detailed photos when the team arrives in Los Angeles.