NOT TOO LATE TO BLOG JOG!
Online registration for Saturday’s Redlegs Run has now ended. But you can still sign up at the following ”packet pick-up” locations:
Fleet Feet Sports – corner of Kenwood and Cooper roads in Blue Ash (513-793-8383) Thursday, June 9: 10am. – 6pm
Great American Ball Park – Crosley Terrace, corner of Second Street and Joe Nuxhall Way, Friday, June 10: 12pm – 4pm
Great American Ball Park – Crosley Terrace, corner of Second Street and Joe Nuxhall Way Saturday, June 11 (race morning):6 a.m. Great American Ball Park – Gate 3, Pete Rose Way
And please, if you’re going to participate Saturday, join us for the Blog Jog! It’s going to be tons of fun!
For those of you interested in the Blog Jog, here’s the email that the matriarch of BOR, Lisa Braun sent out yesterday to blog joggers…
Thank you for being part of our first-ever Blog Jog this Saturday, June 11!
Through your participation in the Redlegs Run 5K event, you are supporting the youth baseball outreach initiatives of the Reds Community Fund. To show our appreciation in your good deed, we’ve organized fun Blog Jog contests, prizes and the chance to hang out with some of your favorite Reds bloggers.
The plan is to meet at Crosley Terrace (the main gate entrance to Great American Ball Park) at 8:30am. Look for Jamie Ramsey near the Joe Nuxhall statue in the center (He’ll be wearing a special superhero outfit!) The group will hang out for a few minutes and then walk over to the starting line together. After the run/walk, we’ll meet up in the Fan Zone by the Better Off Red banner.
There will be 10 prize opportunities!
Inaugural Blog Jog Awards:
1. Fastest time (will be given out after results are posted online.)
2. Slowest time (will be given out after results are posted online.)
3. Best costume (Judged by Jamie Ramsey himself)
4. Most Reds Spirit (Based on wearing Reds gear)
5. Youngest BlogJogger
6. Oldest BlogJogger
7. Blog Traveler Award (who traveled the farthest to participate)
8. Best running playlist (submit to Jamie @Jamieblog before 6 p.m. June 10th)
9. Redlegs Run Veteran (This year is the 10th anniversary. Wear your shirt/shirts from past Redlegs Runs…whoever has their shirt on from the year closest to 2001 wins!)
10. Blog Representation (non-bloggers wearing their blog’s gear)
After meeting in the Fan Zone, all are invited to join Jamie and the other celebrity bloggers at the Holy Grail Tavern & Grille (right across the street from the Great American Ball Park) when it opens at 11 am.
Thank you again for your support of the Reds Community Fund and your participation in the inaugural Blog Jog! We hope you have an outstanding time, and good luck in the 5k!
Sign up and join us for the Redlegs Run and the Blog Jog.