HOMESTAND HIGHLIGHTS 5/30-6/8
Homestand Highlights • May 30 – June 8, 2011
Monday, May 30 – Cincinnati Reds vs. Milwaukee Brewers, 7:10 pm (Memorial Day)
• Flag giveaway: The first 10,000 fans will receive a free mini USA stick flag.
• Free Military Tickets: Active military members (with military I.D.) may receive one free View Level ticket to Monday’s game.
• Memorial Day ceremonies: Pregame ceremonies will honor the families of fallen soldiers and a group of 14 veterans who combined served in all major U.S. conflicts since World War II will be honored.
• Sen. Portman: Ohio Senator Rob Portman will deliver the official game ball and participate in the Memorial Day ceremonies.
• Tuskegee Airmen: Five members of the Cincinnati Chapter of Tuskegee Airmen will be honored on the field during pregame ceremonies.
• Maupin flag ceremony: Keith Maupin, father of Staff Sergeant Matt Maupin, will receive the Honor and Remember Flag from Honor and Remember, Inc., an organization founded in 2008 to promote a new national flag honoring individuals who died in military service.
• First Pitch: A father and son duo, who combined served over 50 years in the U.S. Navy, will offer up a ceremonial first pitch and catch.
• National Anthem and God Bless America: Naval Officer Ruben Minor will sing the National Anthem and God Bless America.
• Parade of Colors: Honor Guard unit from the U.S. Navy will comprise a Parade of Colors on the field.
• National Moment of Remembrance: The Reds are proud to participate in the Memorial Day National Moment of Remembrance. A moment of silence will be held prior to the game to honor those Americans who have sacrificed their lives in serving our country.
• “Straight A” Game: 1,300 7th-12th grade students who achieved an “A” average over a designated period during the 2010-11 school year are attending tonight’s game for free.
Tuesday, May 31 – Cincinnati Reds vs. Milwaukee Brewers, 7:10 pm
• Kid Glove Game #4 presented by Subway: 5,000 tickets for this game were sold through the Kid Glove Program. Since 1949, the Kid Glove Program has raised over $8 million for local youth baseball and softball programs.
• Nick Lachey: 2011 Kid Glove honorary chairman Nick Lachey will participate a pregame ceremony and throw out a ceremonial first pitch.
Wednesday, June 1 – Cincinnati Reds vs. Milwaukee Brewers, 7:10 pm
• Police & Fire Appreciation Night: Many of tonight’s pregame ceremonies will honor fallen heroes from local police and fire departments.
• “Straight A” Game: 3,800 7th-12th grade students who achieved an “A” average over a designated period during the 2010-11 school year are attending tonight’s game for free.
• Amigos de los Rojos: Guests from Midwest Latino are attending today’s game for free thanks to the Amigos de los Rojos (friends of the Reds) ticket program sponsored by the our Hispanic players.
Friday, June 3 – Cincinnati Reds vs. Los Angeles Dodgers, 7:10 pm – Presented by McDonald’s
• FINSinnati Fireworks Show: Post-game fireworks show featuring a soundtrack that will take you away to Margaritaville, starting approximately 15 minutes after the end of the game, presented by Jeff Wyler Automotive Family.
• Free Agent Friday: Join 700WLW for a pregame singles mixer featuring Jimmy Buffett karaoke, drink specials and more, presented by Mynt Martini.
• Society of St. Vincent de Paul canned food drive: At tonight’s game, fans donating two non-perishable food items in designated food collection barrels will receive one View Level ticket to the Sept. 19 game against the Houston Astros. Limit one ticket per person.
Saturday, June 4 – Cincinnati Reds vs. Los Angeles Dodgers, 4:10 pm – Presented by McDonald’s
• Military style cap giveaway: Free Reds military style cap to the first 20,000 fans, presented by FOX Sports Ohio.
Sunday, June 5 – Cincinnati Reds vs. Los Angeles Dodgers, 1:10 pm – Presented by McDonald’s
• Gapper pillowcase giveaway: Free Gapper pillowcase to the first 10,000 kids 14 and younger, presented by Meijer.
• Meijer Family Day: When one member of the family pays full price the rest of the immediate family may purchase select non-premium tickets at half-price in advance of game day only. Excludes Outer View Level and Kroger Bleachers.
• Aaron’s Aces by Jay Bruce: Jay Bruce is carrying on the tradition of honoring local military families by continuing the Aaron’s Aces ticket program created by former teammate and friend Aaron Harang. Jay sponsors a group in the Sun Deck for each Sunday home game. Guests get a ticket to the game, a custom camouflage Jay Bruce cap and will be recognized during the game on the big screen.
Monday, June 6 – Cincinnati Reds vs. Chicago Cubs, 7:10 pm
• Queen City Moustache Society: Mascot Mr. Redlegs will become an honorary member of the Queen City Beard & Moustache Society in a pregame ceremony.
Tuesday, June 7 – Cincinnati Reds vs. Chicago Cubs, 7:10 pm
• MLBPA Action Team: Paul Janish, Nick Masset and Drew Stubbs and representatives from Volunteers of America will participate in a pregame ceremonies for the Major League Baseball Players Association Action Team, a program that encourages young people to volunteer in their communities.
Wednesday, June 8 – Cincinnati Reds vs. Chicago Cubs, 12:35 pm
• Ronald Reagan Centennial Birthday: 20,000 fans will receive Jelly Belly jelly beans upon exiting the ballpark in honor of the centennial of the birth of President Ronald Reagan.
• Great Clips Haircuts: Get a free haircut from Great Clips at the Reds Community Corner. Donations are encouraged to benefit the RCF.
• Walk off Wednesday: At every Wednesday home game fans can receive $5 off your favorite slugger’s name and number t-shirt through the fifth inning. Then, if that player hits a walk-off home run during the game, you receive a free replica jersey.
• Tri-State Centers for Sight Senior Citizen Specials: Fans 60 and older may purchase select non-premium tickets at half-price in advance of game day. Excludes Outer View Level and Kroger Bleachers.
• Paycor Business Day Specials: Drop your business card in the container at a Fan Accommodation Station and you could win tickets to the next Business Day Game.
Reds Hall of Fame & Museum: Beginning Friday, June 3 at 10 am, the second in a series of five Johnny Bench collectible bobbleheads will be available free with full-price paid admission to the Reds Hall of Fame & Museum on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays throughout the month of May, while supplies last. Presented by Dinsmore & Shohl LLP.
Reds Community Fund: The 10th anniversary of the Subway® Redlegs Run is Saturday, June 11. In celebration of this milestone, a 10K option has been added to the 5K, One Mile Kids Run, Gapper’s Kids Fun Run and Team Challenge 5K. More info: reds.com/run.
Kroger Meal Deal: $7 Kroger Meal Deal this homestand: Hot dog, 16 oz. Coke, bag of Mike-sell’s chips and bag of Chex Mix.
Mr. Reds Smokehouse: The featured menu item this homestand at Mr. Reds Smokehouse is a “Smoked Brewers” beer brat.