SERIES HIGHLIGHTS AT GABP
Series Highlights • April 5-7, 2011
Tuesday, April 5 – Cincinnati Reds vs. Houston Astros, 7:10 pm
• First Pitch: Sean Casey, former Reds All-Star first baseman and current broadcaster for the MLB Network, will throw out a ceremonial first pitch. The first pitch will be carried live on FOX Sports Ohio. Sean will join Thom Brennaman in the Fox Sports Ohio TV booth to provide color commentary for the Reds vs. Astros games April 5-7.
• “Straight A” Game: 1,400 7th-12th grade students who achieved an “A” average over a designated period during the 2010-11 school year are attending tonight’s game for free.
• National Anthem: Twenty-five members of the Cincinnati Boychoir will sing the National Anthem.
Wednesday, April 6 – Cincinnati Reds vs. Houston Astros, 7:10 pm
• First Pitch: During pregame ceremonies, representatives from the Pancreatic Cancer Association will throw out a ceremonial first pitch and participate in a check presentation.
• National Anthem: Twenty-six students from Ironton (OH) High School will sing the National Anthem.
• Honorary Captain: Brian Curry, a 9-year-old Reds Heads Kids Club member from Cincinnati, is tonight’s Honorary Captain of the game.
Thursday, April 7 – Cincinnati Reds vs. Houston Astros, 12:35 pm
• Tri-State Centers for Sight Senior Citizen Specials: Fans 60 and older may purchase select non-premium tickets at half-price in advance of game day. Excludes Outer View Level and Kroger Bleachers.
• Paycor Business Day Specials: Drop your business card in the container at a Fan Accommodation Station and you could win tickets to the next Business Day Game on April 21.
Reds Hall of Fame & Museum
• Johnny Bench: A Celebration of Baseball’s Greatest Catcher presented by Dinsmore and Shohl LLP
This feature exhibit for 2011 explores Bench’s career through a host of rare, never-before-seen artifacts, many of which originate from Bench’s personal collection. In addition, video and audio elements will take visitors back in time to see how Bench and his Big Red Machine teammates unleashed their formidable talents on the opposition.
• Votto’s MVP Trophy: Joey Votto’s 2010 NL MVP trophy will be on display this homestand in the 2010: A Season to Remember exhibit. The exhibit features many artifacts and memories from the 2010 season including the Jay Bruce’s “clinch” home run ball, game-used jerseys from Dusty and all the players and coaches and a champagne bottle from the clubhouse celebration.
• Baseball Perspectives: Reds official scorekeeper Ron Roth will be the featured speaker at the “Baseball Perspectives” speaker series on Thursday, April 14 from 5:30 to 7 p.m. Ron will present a how-to guide in scoring a Major League Baseball game and will discuss controversial plays and the reasoning behind the scoring decisions.
Reds Community Fund’s Split The Pot
• Support the Reds Community Fund by purchasing a “Split The Pot” ticket at every Reds home game this season. The $2 tickets are available at the Community Corner and from sellers throughout the ballpark. One lucky fan each game will win 50% of the net proceeds, with the remainder of the proceeds benefiting the baseball-themed outreach initiatives of the Reds Community Fund. Ticket prices: 1 for $2, 3 for $5, 7 for $10 and 15 for $20.
Item of the Homestand
• Each homestand this season, one or more of your favorite items will be featured to help fans show their Reds pride. The item of this homestand: Therma Base Triple Peak Premier Jacket (full-zip insulated jacket with double collar, banded waistband and hidden cuffs. Light, sport-weight insulation with a water resistant and breathable outer shell.)
Kroger Meal Deal
• $7 Kroger Meal Deal this homestand: Hot dog, 16 oz. Coke, bag of Mike-sell’s chips, a pack of Combos and a Snickers Peanut Butter bar.