WHAT’S HOT WITH THE REDS AND GABP IN 2011
What’s Hot with the Reds and GABP in 2011
Opening Night: Saturday, April 2, Reds vs. Brewers at 7:10 p.m.
Opening Night will be a jam-packed evening of entertainment complete with Reds players walking the red carpet in the Fan Zone so fans can take pictures and see their favorite players up close. The first 20,000 fans get a free Reds fleece blanket courtesy of Chiquita, the Rusty Griswolds will play live and stay after the game for the first fireworks show of the season. Gates open at 5:10 p.m.
Reds Un-Cut: Live at the Aronoff delivered by DHL, Sunday, April 3 at 7 p.m. (Doors open at 6 p.m.)
Join the entire 2011 Cincinnati Reds roster, along with coaches and broadcasters, for a casual evening of fun and entertainment at the Aronoff Center for the Arts. The program will feature player interviews, game show elements and other surprises in a theater-style show. All proceeds benefit the Reds Community Fund. Tickets start at $25. Purchase tickets at reds.com/uncut.
New Ballpark Features:
- UDF Reds Market on the View Level: Just like the one that debuted in 2010, this “grab-n-go” store on the top View Level features a variety of new items including sandwiches and wraps made fresh each day, fresh fruit, an extended selection of import and domestic beers, wine, Coca-Cola products, snacks and candy, plus sundries such as sunscreen, batteries, diapers and more.
- Riverfront Club is now open to all fans: The Riverfront Club offers extraordinary views of the Ohio River and GABP and is now open to the general public with a game ticket. Fans can enjoy an all-you-can eat buffet or order off the menu. The buffet is $26 on night games (and Opening Day) and $20 for day games.
– Bottoms Up draft beer taps: The Bottoms Up Draft Beer Dispensing System® from GrinOn Industries is the fastest beer dispensing system in the world and fills cups at a rate of up to nine times that of traditional taps. Bud Light and Budweiser drafts are available for $7.50 (20 oz.) at the Terrace Level bar near the UDF Reds Market on the first base side.
- New Terrace Level Food Bars: Two new Food Bars located along first base line and third base line serving Mexican shredded beef or chicken nachos and tacos with Mexican rice.
Value Menu Items
– $1 Menu Items: For the third year in a row, fans can get $1 hot dogs, $1 12 oz. Coca-Cola sodas, $1 bags of peanuts, $1 popcorn and $1 ice cream cups at concession stands in the Fan Zone and View Level.
– $7 Kroger Meal Deal: Regular hot dog, 16 oz. Coca-Cola soda, bag of chips and snack.
– $5 Kids value meal: Kids hot dog, small Coca-Cola soda, snack and baseball card.
– $5 14 oz. draft beers: Available at all beer stands except in club and suite levels.
- $5 Single Game Tickets: Back by popular demand, the $5 Outer View Level tickets give fans a great value throughout the season. Over 30% of tickets at Great American Ball Park are $15 or less: $15 View Level, $8 Kroger Bleachers and $5 Outer View Level.
- Yankee Flex 4-Pack: Guarantee your seat to a Yankees game and choose three other exciting Reds games with the new Yankees Flex 4-Pack ticketing package.
– Free Agent Fridays: Every Friday home game at Great American Ball Park is “Free Agent Friday.” Fans can enjoy drink specials, live music and singles events in the Fan Zone. Starts April 15. (There are 12 planned for the 2011 season.)
– New and expanded merchandise in all the Reds Team Shops. Brand new gear for all ages and all sizes. An expanded selection of game-used, authenticated and autographed memorabilia. More mascot merchandise. Sixteen different “player number” tee-shirts featuring all your favorite Reds players.
Weekends at GABP will be filled with fun!
Nine fireworks nights every Friday from May 13 – Aug. 26. Saturday night themes, giveaways and bobbleheads. Sunday giveaways focused on families and kids. Highlights include:
– April 30, Joey Votto MVP Bobblehead
– May 14, Sparky Anderson Bronze Statue
– July 2, Dusty Baker Bobblehead (w/ toothpick holder)
– July 16, Aroldis Chapman Action Figure
– July 23, Jonny Gomes Bobblehead (arm moves helmet)
New exhibits at the Reds Hall of Fame & Museum:
– Johnny Bench: A Celebration of Baseball’s Greatest Catcher presented by Dinsmore and Shohl LLP: This feature exhibit for 2011 explores Bench’s career through a host of rare, never-before-seen artifacts, many of which originate from Bench’s personal collection. In addition, video and audio elements will take visitors back in time to see how Bench and his Big Red Machine teammates unleashed their formidable talents on the opposition.
– 2010: A Season to Remember: The exhibit is highlighted by the first public display of the ball Jay Bruce hit for a home run that clinched the NL Central Division on September 28. The new exhibit features game-used jerseys from Dusty and all the players and coaches who appeared in a game for the Reds in 2010, a champagne bottle from the clubhouse celebration following the division-clinching game and a special tribute to 2010 National League MVP Joey Votto.