SAFE AT HOME!
Hello all you happy people! Remember me? My name is Jamie and I blog here.
Question: You know what’s more boring than hearing about someone else’s fantasy sports team?
Answer: Hearing about someone else’s vacation.
But with that being said, I’m going to give you a brief synopsis anyway. And because I love you seam-heads just as much as I love you stat-heads, I’ll include numbers in my vacation scouting report. Ready? Here we go…
1 trip to Seattle, 1 trip to Portland. Thanks to the airline I traveled with, I also received extended visits to the tarmacs in Cincinnati and Minneapolis.
(3) girls kicking the back of my seat
(1) guy whose arm couldn’t/wouldn’t stop bleeding
(1) former Red Joe Price at the Minneapolis airport
(1) movie (Date Night).
(8) apologies from airline employees
It was decided that that the new slogan for this airline should be ”Hi we’re (insert airline name here) and we’re sorry.”
(1) Mariners/Red Sox MLB game at Safeco Field, (1) fight in the dugout that I didn’t see.
(1) Sounders/Rapids MLS game at Qwest Field, (3) goals – none of which I saw.
(1) beer at the top of the Space Needle.
(1) James Street
(1) Public Market (awesome!)
(1) puppeteer, (several) puppets
(1) Top Pot Doughnuts
(1) Guy at lunch who looked EXACTLY like actor James Cromwell.
(1) toy store where I bought: (1) gazoo, (2) noise makers, (1) electronic voice changer and (1) Big Lebowski key chain that plays quotes from the movie when the buttons are pushed.
(1) Capital Hill Block Party where I saw (2) bands and stained (1) shirt with (1) bottle of hot sauce
(2,672) miles of walking
(2,673) t-shirt shops
(several) people wearing Reds caps
(1) bag of Sour Patch Kids
(1) bag of Reese Pieces
(several) Portland streetcars (awesome)
(1) trip to the Oregon Zoo
(1) trip to Portland’s Rose Gardens
(1) very weird and very wordy concierge
(1) intrepid tour guide (Laurie Jordan)
(2) delicious desserts
(several) great brew houses
(2) Trips to Fuller’s where (1) waitress looked as if she could’ve been the twin sister of C. Trent Rosecrans.
(1) very awesome book store called Powell’s
(1) trip to Music Millenium to see the band Menomena play an in-store concert. Due to the large crowd, we didn’t see the band, rather we listened in an adjacent room.
(1) movie (Inception)
(1) Mt. Hood
All in all, I had a great time in the PacNorthwest and am looking forward to going back. I could very easily live in that part of the country.
I’ll have you know I watched nearly all of the Reds games while I was away and was very happy with the way the boys played on their 4-2 road trip.
I hope you enjoyed the guest bloggers while I was gone. I thought they all did a wonderful job and were very entertaining. Many thanks to Jarrod Rollins, Zach Bonkowski, Ryan Rizzo, Michael Anderson and Lisa Braun.
Jarrod was the point man for the guest bloggers, formatting their drafts and posting them on BOR. He informed me that Zach’s draft was written in crayon and contained several misspellings and run-on sentences. Michael’s draft was originally a tribute to Mario Lopez written from the point of view of Brainy Smurf. Ryan’s blog was encrusted in rhinestones. And Lisa wrote hers while “making it rain” from the hot tub of a Las Vegas hotel suite.
Anyway, that’s all for now. I’m back.
I’ll have actual Reds stuff up soon, including tonight’s lineup.
I missed you folks!