Homestand Highlights • July 30- Aug. 1, 2010
Friday, July 30, 2010 – Cincinnati Reds vs. Atlanta Braves, 7:10 pm – Braves series presented by Kroger
• Fans Choice Fireworks: Fans voted on reds.com and chose “movie soundtracks” to accompany the post-game fireworks show starting approximately 15 minutes after the end of the game, presented by Sheakley.
• Long Haul Bombers: Pregame and postgame festivities will showcase the Long Haul Bombers, the biggest sluggers in the World Softball League. Six Bombers will be competing tonight, including Cincinnati native Brian Wegman.
• City of Hamilton Night: Tonight the City of Hamilton, represented by Mayor Pat Moeller and several members of City Council, will present a check for $2,010 to the Joe Nuxhall Character Education Fund in recognition of tonight’s event. Accepting on behalf of the JNCEF will be Kim Nuxhall, son of Joe Nuxhall. Today would have marked the Ol’ Lefthander’s 82nd birthday.
Saturday, July 31, 2010 – Cincinnati Reds vs. Atlanta Braves, 4:10 pm (originally a 7:10 pm game)
• Fans Choice Homer Bailey bobblehead: In voting on reds.com, fans chose right-handed pitcher Homer Bailey as the final 2010 bobblehead, free to the first 30,000 fans in attendance. Presented by Kahn’s.
• Bobby Cox retirement: During pregame ceremonies, Braves Manager Bobby Cox will be presented with a retirement gift. This three-game series will mark Cox’s final regular season trip to GABP as the Braves skipper.
• Cincinnati RBI: Members of the Cincinnati Junior RBI team will be honored on the field during pregame ceremonies. The Cincinnati Junior RBI team, comprised of boys ages 13-15 from Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky, advanced Monday to the RBI World Series, presented by KPMG, in Florida after a 4-2 over Detroit RBI at GABP.
• WPAFB Night: 2,000 fans from Wright-Patterson Air Force Base will be in attendance. Many of the ceremonies will be performed by WPAFB representatives, included the first pitch, honor guard, National Anthem and honorary captain. A pregame flyover will be preformed by a C-5 Galaxy from the 445th Airlift Wing at WPAFB.
Sunday, August 1, 2010 – Cincinnati Reds vs. Atlanta Braves, 1:10 pm
• Fans Choice Brandon Phillips kids t-shirt: Fans voted on reds.com and chose the t-shirt design selected by Brandon Phillips and featuring the second baseman’s signature, free to the first 10,000 kids 14 and younger, presented by Widmer’s.
• Creation Museum Faith Concert: Free post-game concert from award-winning artist MercyMe, presented by Prasco.
• Aaron’s Aces: For the fourth year in a row, Reds ace Aaron Harang hosts a free ticket program for military families.
Reds Hall of Fame and Museum
• July Giveaway: On every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday during the month of July, all full-price paying guests to the Hall of Fame receive a 1990 Commemorative Coin Set.
• August Giveaway: The fifth in a series of six in-season collectible gifts from the Reds Hall of Fame & Museum will be a Marge Schott Bobblehead, featuring Marge, Schottzie, and the 1990 World Series Trophy. The limited edition bobblehead is part of the ongoing tribute to the 1990 Championship season and the 1990 exhibit. Beginning August 1, the first 4,500 full-price paying guests to the museum during August on any Friday, Saturday, or Sunday will receive the bobblehead as a gift.
Reds Community Fund’s Split The Pot
• Support the Reds Community Fund by purchasing a “Split The Pot” ticket at every Reds home game this season. The $2 tickets are available at the Community Corner presented by Coldwell Banker West Shell, located near section 120. One lucky fan each game will win 50% of the net proceeds, with the remainder of the proceeds benefiting the baseball-themed outreach initiatives of the Reds Community Fund. Ticket prices: 1 for $2, 3 for $5, 7 for $10 and 15 for $20.
Item of the Homestand
• Each homestand this season will feature one or more of your favorite items at 10% off to help fans show their Reds pride. The item of this homestand: Cincinnati Reds Youth Tee from Majestic.
Kroger Meal Deal
• $7 Kroger Meal Deal this homestand: Hot dog, 16 oz. Coke, bag of Mike-sell’s chips and Sargento String Cheese.