AROLDIS O'FEVER & OPENING DAY FESTIVITIES ANNOUNCED
Happy St. Patricks Day! The Reds love the holiday so much that we’re going to overindulge ourselves with baseball…2 games today.
Here are the lineups for the afternoon tilt vs. Milwaukee
Rickie Weeks 4
Carlos Gomez 8
Ryan Braun 7
Corey Hart 9
Steffan Wilson 3
Craig Counsell 5
Alcides Escobar 6
George Kottaras 2
Doug Davis 1 (LHP)
Redlegs – Aroldis Chapman (LHP)
Chris Dickerson 8
Zack Cozart 6
Joey Votto 3
Scott Rolen 5
Jonny Gomes 7
Wladimir Balentien 9
Ramon Hernandez 2
Chris Burke DH
Wilkin Castillo 4
Some early photos from today…Reds Hall of Famers Jim Maloney and Jack Billingham are in camp special instructing the club.
From the Reds Media Relations Department…
The Cincinnati Reds have announced details for the 2010 Opening Day festivities on Monday, April 5:
• 91st Findlay Market Opening Day Parade Grand Marshal: Johnny Bench
Hall of Famer Johnny Bench will serve as the Grand Marshal of the Findlay Market Parade. Bench will also serve as the Honorary Captain of the Opening Day game and catch the ceremonial first pitch. For more information on the Findlay Market Opening Day Parade, visit www.findlaymarketparade.com.
• Opening Day Parade Special Guests: Bronson Arroyo, George Grande and Miss Ohio Amanda Tempel
Reds starting pitcher Bronson Arroyo will ride in the parade. This marks the second year in a row that a Reds player will be featured in the parade. In 2009, pitchers Edinson Volquez and Johnny Cueto rode in the parade.
• Ceremonial First Pitch: George Grande
Broadcaster George Grande will throw out the ceremonial first pitch. Grande was the television play-by-play voice of the Reds for the past 17 years, and is scheduled to return to the booth in September for a few games.
• Official Game Ball Delivery: Miss Ohio Amanda Tempel
Miss Ohio USA 2010 Amanda Tempel will deliver the official game ball to the mound to be used by Opening Day starting pitcher Aaron Harang. She is a St. Bernard native and a 2008 graduate of Roger Bacon High School.
• National Anthem: Ben Utecht
Recording artist, former Bengals tight end and 2006 Super Bowl Champion Ben Utecht will sing the National Anthem.
• God Bless America: Elan Trotman
Saxophonist Elan Trotman will perform God Bless America during the 7th inning stretch.
• Flyover: Four F-16’s from the 178th Fighter Wing of the Ohio Air National Guard based in Springfield, Ohio will perform a pregame flyover.
• American Flag: Haiti Relief volunteers from the American Red Cross and Matthew 25: Ministries will hold a giant American flag in the outfield during the singing of our National Anthem.
• Parade of Colors: Honor Guard units from the Navy, Air Force, Marines, Army and Coast Guard will comprise a Parade of Colors on the field
• Pregame Concerts: The Goshorn Brothers and Pete Wagner Dixieland Band will perform pregame concerts in the ballpark.
• Gates Open: Gates to Great American Ball Park will open at 11:10 a.m. and the first pitch of the game is at 1:10 p.m.
I’ll have a Better Off Red Question of the Game for both games today, so be sure to check back for the ensuing hilarity….